Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would still be £50+m, regardless who came in for him. Brighton dont need to sale, they also see Cucu as a main part of the plane to progress. If he was not at Brighton last season we would have been alot closer ro the bottom instead of finishing 9th.

This may be a problem attracting young players to use us as a stepping stone, however these player we have brought in nobody had known about and no other club in England would have taken a chance on them. If its only Brighton that wants them and they want premier league football i would think they would still sign for us. This is just my oppinion.

I think what alot of Brighton fans are pissed iff about is the fact that you sold Zinchenko for £32m including add ons but ur bid for his replacement who Pep must see as a better player yet u bid £30m.

Maybe a deal can be done, we kniw hes not worth 50 million but the only way teams like Brighton can keep a player is to try to price them out.

£40m plus a player will get this done nearer the end of the window.

With Cucu it will be intresting how he reacts to not joining you, hevwants to play for Spain in the world cup, if he stays is he going to under perform, who knows.
Zin is a premier league winner. We sold him for a fair fee. Your evaluation is pie in the sky and now the whole club and fanbase is entrenched and can’t take a step back. Try not reading tweets nor listening to the media. Placing a high valuation on a player unproven is suicidal business. Maybe bloom does need the money back.

Shiny new toy? We have two senior fullbacks at the club. I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt for now but if we end this window without buying another Txiki and Co should definitely come under some criticism. It's ok to say we make mistakes sometimes, we're not the dippers.
We will not give into the season without a left back coming in because that would be ridiculous seen as we have sold our main one . I expect a left back to be signed next two weeks .

I’m not saying we should pay whatever Brighton want, but we got all our other deals done nice and early and the players have had a full pre-season, that this transfer is so far away, that if we move on to other targets, now the season is upon us, just seems poor.
Although we missed out on Kane last year, Jesus was actually a signed as a striker, and was still in the squad.
We don’t have a natural left back!
I would argue we should have sorted that out before sorting out our second choice keeper and back up defensive midfielder.

That’s not the same as what you said you plank. You said Pep preferred Zinchenko. A player that started matches in only 4 of the 10 months of last season.
I said he preferred Zin to Cucurella which is clearly the case.

He clearly does. He didn’t want to sell Zin and the club don’t value Cucurella for a bigger fee than what we sold Zin for which is clear as day.

What a plank.

It sends a strong message to other teams who enquire about their players that they're not going to sell at £20 million below their valuation of a player they want to keep and who is on a long term contract with them.

Absolutely mate - and good luck to them.

It also shows other players and their agents that despite saying they’re a great option for players to showcase their talent and move on to bigger and better - in fact they’ll turn down a more than triple their money offer when it comes in, blocking the player’s opportunity to play CL football with the Champions in a World Cup year, and refusing to consider their player’s wish even when said player is so desperate to make the move he hands in a transfer request.

It absolutely sends a very strong message out - you’re right.

It sends a strong message to other teams who enquire about their players that they're not going to sell at £20 million below their valuation of a player they want to keep and who is on a long term contract with them.
Valuation is not a true reflection on the quality of player. I suspect other motives at play here.

Any club that offers more than double for a player that had 1 good season is offering a fair and realistic evaluation post covid.

It sends out a strong message to other players, that they won't be allowed to leave for double what they were bought for, that they won't get the chance to play in the champions league, that they won't get the chance to compete for trophies.
It will be interesting to see if he gets a new contract at Brighton, similar wages to other fullbacks that are valued at £50m. I'd certainly be knocking on the door asking why they think I'm worth £50m yet getting the wages of a full back valued at £15m

As a Brighton fan it's fascinating reading this thread and getting the other side's perspective. Having seen a lot of Cucurella live, I think he's an excellent player - and essential to the way we played for much of last season. We may be "small" in Premier League terms, and obviously we're still newbies when it comes to the big time - but the club IS ambitious, and Tony Bloom has shown many times that he will not sell unless he gets the right money (even if the player gets upset and puts in a transfer request). It's part of the club's strategy to be a long-term player in the EPL. We don't have the resources of City, and never will have. But we ARE good at unearthing young talent and fostering it. Not unlike City, but on a very small sale (eg: the relationship with Royal Union St Gilloise in Belgium, and the number of young players we currently have out on loan). We definitely do NOT take young players from bigger clubs on loan - so the prospect of fostering a relationship with City and getting some of your brightest U23s is a non-starter. And setting a perceived high price has nothing to do with BHA wanting to "get one over" City. We're not in that game! We're too small for anyone to worry about us!!
At the end of the day we MAY sell Cucurella to City, but it will take a lot more than has been offered. Cucurella is, after all, a significant upgrade on Ake. But if City don't meet the valuation, then that's fine...we keep an excellent player who has 4 years left on his contract. Cucurella may be disappointed if that's the way it pans out, but he seems a great guy, and he's hardly likely to goon strike for 4 years!

Absolutely mate - and good luck to them.

It also shows other players and their agents that despite saying they’re a great option for players to showcase their talent and move on to bigger and better - in fact they’ll turn down a more than triple their profit offer when it comes in, blocking the player’s opportunity to play CL football with the Champions in a World Cup year, and refusing to consider their player’s wish even when the player is so desperate to make the move he hands in a transfer request.

It absolutely sends a very strong message out - you’re right.
Yes but it impacts their negotiating position in future transfers. Let him go to City for £30 million when they've said from Day 1 they want £50 million for and they know other clubs will walk all over them in future transfer dealings. The Kane deal fell through last Summer and he was back onside for Spurs before a few weeks were out and the fans and teammates welcomed him back.
We're different and we let players go if that's what they want for a fair price. Doesn't mean other clubs have to though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.