Marcos Lopes

we need a left sided midfielder, fortunately lopes is also left footed. coaches should mould him from now only to play a lot like navas nd whip some great crosses in.

he's cross for negredo in capitol one was just good.

Just got subbed on to make his debut for the U21's. (on an impressively terrible pitch, proper mid-winter sunday league stuff)

avi.singh9993 said:
we need a left sided midfielder, fortunately lopes is also left footed. coaches should mould him from now only to play a lot like navas nd whip some great crosses in.

no thanks i'd rather he was like silva and nasri

TheProdigy2k9 said:
avi.singh9993 said:

me too, I think lopes would be wasted as a pure winger.

aguero93:20 said:
TheProdigy2k9 said:
avi.singh9993 said:

me too, I think lopes would be wasted as a pure winger.

one from the David Moyes school of thinking there

Just posted this in the Guidetti thread so I might as well quote it in here with it being related to Lopes:

This is why I don't want Lopes or any other promising young player we have coming through going out on loan in the Premier League, for me it's too focussed on results and having the finished article to get those results.

I am hoping Txiki can get the likes of Lopes loans in Spain.

I like what Rodgers has done with Suso, he broke into the first team last season but couldn't sustain a first team place, but this season he has gone out on loan to Almería in Spain and has made 24 league appearances, scored 2 goals, assisted 7 and now has gathered talk about him being a possible Spain regular come Euro 16.

There is absolutely no way he would have got that much game time in this country on a loan to another team in the Premier League.

I'd rather see him get a loan back to Portugal, it's a lot closer to the premier league than La Liga is, as it's a lot more physical. Also, if he moved to one of the big 3 (as you'd imagine he would) then he'd have to face parked buses week in week out and have to try and figure a way to pass his way through them, which is what he'll have to do here.

I agree about not loaning him to a PL team though, as I really can't think of any teams that play a remotely technical style or have managers willing to try youth. My only exception would be Martinez at Everton, but I doubt they'd want Lopes on loan before he's proven his level.

Barca seem to be happy enough for one of their star players to be over here though.

Imo, Lopes needs to be playing at a pretty decent level club, regularly, or otherwise, just keep him at City & play him more.

He will be older & should be better next season. Get him involved in the first team setup. He's talented. If we find that we're not using him enough, send him out at Christmas.

I don't see why we can't use him next season. He has had a look at it now, & by next season, he should be good enough to come off the bench & even start v some of the lesser teams.

Watford played well & it wasn't Lopes' fault we struggled, he was no worse than the experienced players & better than some. They haven't all been written off for the season because of that game. Just one or two have been blamed, but they were all shit first half, & Lopes at least tried to make stuff happen, which is more than some did.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.