Mario, time to say goodbye?

Peter Crouch just poked a guy in the eyes , but nothing happens cuz hes English

FantasyIreland said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
Mario must stay.

For all the blustering from the usual suspects (not you TH) about Mario's alleged stamp, people seem to have forgotten 2 simple things - He won the penalty and he scored the penalty.

I don't think anyones forgotten that at all,it's what we all want to see more of,unfortunately we wont be seeing any of it in the next 4 games....... Why is that?

Because he's not Wayne Rooney or Peter Crouch?

Because the rules that apply to Mario don't apply to other players?

Because he's not English?

Because he's playing for a team owned by 'them arabs'?

I'm not sure why we won't be seeing him for 4 games to be totally honest.

How do you teach someone to play by rules which are ever changing and only apply to certain people?

Berkovic_blue said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
Mario must stay.

For all the blustering from the usual suspects (not you TH) about Mario's alleged stamp, people seem to have forgotten 2 simple things - He won the penalty and he scored the penalty.

There's three actually:

The strategic future of this football club should not be shaped by the likes of Paul Parker.

It's more to do with how he is treated by referees on the pitch, he will never get a fair deal in this country.

Don't agree. First, I think the whole media attitude to us will change after we have won the PL. The media are a strange (and generally sick) bunch. But one thing about them is predictable, they always favour winners. It doesn't sell newspapers by constantly knocking the most successful team.

Second, Mario needs to get his head down and concentrate on his football. Ride a few challenges and carry on without kicking out, throwing wobblies and generally being a dick. Opponents will soon get bored of the constant fouling when they realise he won't react. Plus, they will start getting themselves sent off when we are the pre-eminent side.

When Mario matures a bit and starts letting his football do the talking, he can become one of the country's most loved and respected players.

TheMightyQuinn said:
Mario must stay.

this is the madness of the matter, he won city the game, a game that the whole world was telling them that they (spurs) were going to win. This is redknapps revenge, he would not have said a word if they had got three points, we have had moyes ferguson and now redknapper giving it large about city players in the tunnell after the game to sky and the media, city have to start playing fire with fire and stop trying to be everyone's friend.

I think Mario is going to find it hard now to make it in this country and in honesty he has given the press enough ammo to shoot at him. Personally i would be happy to give him to the end of the season but if my sense is still that he is always likely to let us down at critical moments then we need to make a change over the summer. I doubt he honestly sees himself in Manchester for more than a couple of seasons.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Whilst there is no dispute to the wealth of natural talent Mario has, it's a wider question.

Sometimes you have to let go the ones you love, for the good of the main parties concerned?

Mario WILL NEVER realise the player he needs to become in this country. I have reached this conclusion over the last 12 months.

His previous will continue to be raked up and as a result, his future, massively impacted.

A yellow card is the default position for every game he takes part in, justified or not, as reputation proceeds him.

As a result of the Parker incident, and the moral outrage over every cough and splutter, it is surely only going to get worse?

I believe a ban is warranted for the latest foul-up, and he has again let himself and us down.

Would it now make good sense between now and the window to stick two fingers to the system and sell him in exchange for another top class striker?

We are only delaying the inevitable IMO. Mario has become larger than the game itself in this small-minded country and his character and talent is why WE LOVE HIM.

But sometimes you have to do right by the ones you love.

I suppose we should continue to trust the powers-that-be at City, but if down to me, I would consider a swap proposal for Cavani at Napoli right this minute.

Naples, outside of Madrid, might be the only footballing town big enough to protect their own.

This thread is more annoying than your usual transfer ones tolmie you would probably not want best maradona or gascoigne were you a manager.

bondsman said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Whilst there is no dispute to the wealth of natural talent Mario has, it's a wider question.

Sometimes you have to let go the ones you love, for the good of the main parties concerned?

Mario WILL NEVER realise the player he needs to become in this country. I have reached this conclusion over the last 12 months.

His previous will continue to be raked up and as a result, his future, massively impacted.

A yellow card is the default position for every game he takes part in, justified or not, as reputation proceeds him.

As a result of the Parker incident, and the moral outrage over every cough and splutter, it is surely only going to get worse?

I believe a ban is warranted for the latest foul-up, and he has again let himself and us down.

Would it now make good sense between now and the window to stick two fingers to the system and sell him in exchange for another top class striker?

We are only delaying the inevitable IMO. Mario has become larger than the game itself in this small-minded country and his character and talent is why WE LOVE HIM.

But sometimes you have to do right by the ones you love.

I suppose we should continue to trust the powers-that-be at City, but if down to me, I would consider a swap proposal for Cavani at Napoli right this minute.

Naples, outside of Madrid, might be the only footballing town big enough to protect their own.

This thread is more annoying than your usual transfer ones tolmie

And thankfully about as accurate.

You guys lack perspective and thats why people call us "a small club" you are allowing the media to guide your senses here and its rather sad. Mario is one of if not the best 21 year old in the world. He just scored a goal that could win us the title and you want him sold?.

Im at a loss for words at some of the members here I understand the pro Dzeko cheerleaders who see Mario as blocking his chances but come on compared to the players we had before Mario is amazing. You sound like lotto winners when the petrol runs out of your bentley you buy a new one. Think please he has scored more than Sturridge, Chicharito and Welbeck THINK!!!.

Shocking thread absolutely shocking and if we sold him that lot from Trafford would bite our hands off because they know his class. None of their players Rooney included is as good as Mario.

didactic said:
You guys lack perspective and thats why people call us "a small club" you are allowing the media to guide your senses here and its rather sad. Mario is one of if not the best 21 year old in the world. He just scored a goal that could win us the title and you want him sold?.

Im at a loss for words at some of the members here I understand the pro Dzeko cheerleaders who see Mario as blocking his chances but come on compared to the players we had before Mario is amazing. You sound like lotto winners when the petrol runs out of your bentley you buy a new one. Think please he has scored more than Sturridge, Chicharito and Welbeck THINK!!!.

Shocking thread absolutely shocking and if we sold him that lot from Trafford would bite our hands off because they know his class. None of their players Rooney included is as good as Mario.

100% agree, some blatant rags on here.

VOOMER said:
didactic said:

100% agree, some blatant rags on here.

Seems that way

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.