Mario's penalty.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
squirtyflower said:
Best penalty taker in the world

Wtf wasn't the keeper booked for gamesmanship?

Czech ref? Czech ref from that German speaking bit that Hitler nicked - the Sudetenland? I can't think of any other PL goalie who would have tried that and got away without a yeller - apart, perhaps from those useless buggers from AON!

But is it me and the decades of watching City that makes me think that the next pen Mario takes is the one he misses!
I swear, I was so nervous he'd be too cocky and he would miss this one!

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
squirtyflower said:
Best penalty taker in the world

Wtf wasn't the keeper booked for gamesmanship?

Czech ref? Czech ref from that German speaking bit that Hitler nicked - the Sudetenland? I can't think of any other PL goalie who would have tried that and got away without a yeller - apart, perhaps from those useless buggers from AON!

But is it me and the decades of watching City that makes me think that the next pen Mario takes is the one he misses!
I always think that!

Didn't realise the ref was Czech, explains quite a lot, the numerous off the ball 'tackles' that he saw but went unpunished

Does anyone have a stat for how many he has scored? Cant remember him missing one for us and the ones i can remember are:
2012-13: Borussia Dortmund
2011-12: Villareal, Sporting Lisbon, Tottenham, Sunderland, Newcastle, LA Galaxy
2010-11: Aston Villa x2

9/9 is pretty fucken impressive i reckon

squirtyflower said:
Didn't realise the ref was Czech, explains quite a lot, the numerous off the ball 'tackles' that he saw but went unpunished

Given the incredibly soft penalty he awarded us we can have no complaints of any bias,a total none starter.

Imagine the commotion on here had he missed it. Particularly with Sergio wanting the responsibility also..

Deepest Blue said:
Imagine the commotion on here had he missed it. Particularly with Sergio wanting the responsibility also..

He is the best penalty taker at the club,and probably in the world,him being on the pitch means there should be no other choice.

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
FeedTheGoat10 said:
Wonder if it would have been retaken had the keeper saved it. He's a good 3 or 4 yards off his line when it's taken. Of course that doesn't matter now.

Not to mention two BD players encroaching in the area

4 BD players are too close, and 2 of ours.

Really should have been retaken, even then, I think Mario could take a pen 10 times and score every single one.

lancs blue said:
prairiemoon said:
Nope. Off the post.

I'd get along to specsavers in the morning, it hit the stanchion at the corner of the net.

I would If I were you too mate seeing as we don't have stanchions. We have net support posts positioned outside the goals and you can only hit them if you miss the goal ;-)

(We know what you mean though).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.