Mark Halsey is....

I've never been upset with bad refs! Halsey always been honest(not saying he's bad, he's 1 of the better1's), as are most of them, but Foy, Clattenburg and the other cheating buggers, can eat my shorts!

One of the most likeable traits he has is his ability to blend in as one if the boys.
Every other word was fuck , twat , piss off and I like that.
He uses that industrial language on the pitch and I bet a lot of the players respect that.

I was fortunate enough to meet him that's how I will remember it.

I went to a Mid Sussex Blues OSC Legends night a couple of years ago, when they had Pardoe, Lakey, Brightwell and Halsey as speakers. Very personable that night too.

However, as a ref he sucks big donkey dangles. I've watched him give us nothing whatsoever since Gillingham, with any number of dreadful decisions going against us.....not least at Fulham earlier this season, and there was a 2-1 defeat at Spurs about 5 years ago when I don't think I've ever seen such bias. I want a ref who officiates fairly, not a gum chewing "I'm your mate", who makes it up as he goes along.

Having been at wembley that day I will always have a soft spot for mark Halsey.

Exeter Blue I am here said:
not least at Fulham earlier this season, and there was a 2-1 defeat at Spurs about 5 years ago when I don't think I've ever seen such bias.
Having met him I personally trust him as honest , not the best by any means , but not biased

Shouldn't ref any of our games as his whole mindset since 1999 is to go too far the other way, presumably to prove he has no bias towards us despite being seen boozing with our fans after that match, or appearing at legends evenings, or (if memory serves on some dodgy house programme the wife once watched) buying memorabilia from Maine Road

toffee balls said:
A fookin top top man.

Spent 2 hours with him yesterday after bumping into him on a train and cannot speak highly enough of the guy.

He is in the process of writing a "no holes barred" book which will be released as soon as he retires and is very fond of us blues ( for obvious reasons).

I asked him BM legend has it that he was spotted on the piss less than 1 hour after the gillingham game his reply " you will have a special place the book"

Fergie's game face is in total contrast to the private gentleman he is , Chelsea are not that nice, Suarez growls at him ,Balo is mad and when Nicky W
was running round wembley arms aloft , Pullis was chasing him down the tunnel.

Here's a confession Rascal " my name is Neil and after 40 years of watching the blues I have found a referee I like"

Think Pablo might take yer to task with that one!

toffee balls said:
One of the most likeable traits he has is his ability to blend in as one if the boys.
Every other word was fuck , twat , piss off and I like that.
He uses that industrial language on the pitch and I bet a lot of the players respect that.

I was fortunate enough to meet him that's how I will remember it.

Ahh yes. There's nothing I respect more in a person than the inability to speak a single sentence without a swear word in it. If he uses that language on the pitch then the players won't respect him, they'll be irritated by him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.