Mark Hughes....and thank you Mark Huighes [Merged]

Re: THANK YOU MARK HUGHES!

crizack said:
Thanks for being a decent manager.

yes thanks mark, and good luck.

i would have loved for you to have been more succesful, but alas...

anyway now that hughes has gone, it would be nice if some people could leave this thread for other people to thank hughes, and let the not so nice comments rest

Re: MADNESS !!!!

C_T_I_D said:
Great. Another Hughes sympathiser who is living in the past. Move on and support the current manager.

Thought you of all people would be a Hughes 'fan' :-)

Once the takeover happend the job became too big for Hughes. What the project has proved is that you can throw money at a manager but it doesn't make him a better manager. Not that MH is a bad manager but when you are punching above your weight sooner or later you get found out. Good Luck to MH and upmost respect to you for going out on such a high today.

My view unfourtunely for Hughes the takeover happened. Unlike other takeovers by other clubs Hughes was given money and time to make the job his own. Signed some top talent in the first season in Robhino , Given , Kompany , De Jong and Bellers those have been great signings. This seasons lot has let Hughes down the big signings of Toure , Adebayor , Barry and at times even Tevez has let him down but his recent form has been great. Some big money splashed and Hughes didn't have the balls to drop them from his team untill it was too late for him.

Add into that the defence has been shocking under Hughes no matter what people say Svens defence could defend and did great for most of his season until he was told he will no longer be manager. Then to get rid of our only true old style defender Dunne who would win a lot of battles in air has been a huge factor to the leaky defence that has been a huge mistake by Hughes. Both of his replacements were no better than Dunne which is bad management. Maybe the players lost faith in his management style and this is the right time for them to move on.
I would thank him for all his signings in the first season and Tevez this season as they are quaility who will go on and become the back bone of the team for many years to come. I think he will be kicking himself for not making those hard calls as he may be waiting some time to get a job with our type of backing.

One thing I will always be grateful for is his first 3 months in charge. We were in complete chaos under thaksin, post sven, post 8-1. the media were having a field day, stories flying left right and centre. hughes walks in the door and suddenly it all stopped. He did an outstanding job of managing the damage that man was wreaking, and i think he might have unfairly paid the price for compromises he had to make then, later on his reign.

he also restored a sense of pride in the team and club that had disappeared on that day in middlesborough, and best of all, he kept stevie ireland on at a time when thaksin would have sold him for a tin of beans, and most of us would have accepted it.

...think this an inappropriate thread merge, anyway...

Thank you, Mark Hughes, you carried yourself with dignity and swatted the media with a certain aplomb, Just sorry that you couldn't get it together in time to keep pace with the ambitions, which was at least partially down to luck.

Good luck in your future career.

Why the fuck does anyone feel sorry for Hughes? he's going to get a nice £4million pay check in the morn. He was appointed by Thaskin not our current owners, its their money and prerogative if they want someone different.

No improvement on last season, crap performances baring the odd game and leaking goals for fun.

Right decision by the board, probably the worst time to do it.

Cheerio Hughes.

Hughes did a good job, got us to a semi-final in how long? I like his attitude and the mentality he instilled within the players. He carried a good demeanor about him and thats partly why I liked him soo much. I wish him the best wherever he goes and he probably knew this was happening yet he still did his job. I also hope Mancini does a great job, I hope he keeps the players who we have and encourages them because I don't want our players unsettled. I'd like for Bellamy and Santa Cruz to not just be Hughes players but City players. The same goes with Zabaleta, Tevez, Barry and others. I only hope for the best for City no matter who is our manager and that should be the same for all Blues, good luck Hughes, Come on City!

new section required 'rick'

could we have a mark hughes section where the inners can do there mourning in private maybe some flowers for them to click on to end there posts,the outers will fully respect your views and leave you alone on there while you are having a quite moment to reflect on todays events,we could also recruit a bluemoon councilor for those who cannot come to terms with his sacking

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.