Mark Hughes' exit from Manchester City

I think that this is the perfect place to moan about anything City related. If you want the managers to stay or not, whether you think a players shit or not, better here than at the ground. As long as you present a reasonable case either way, its when you get the 'rag' this, 'rag' that name calling it gets pretty boring, pretty quick.

TBH I've not heard much dissent directed at Hughes during the match, but I know alot of people that go to the games wouldn't be too disappointed if Hughes went, but wouldn't dream of booing or calling players at the match.

RobbieBrewer said:
Why do some people fall back on you somehow not "supporting the team" whenever you question the manager or any of his decisions?
In what way are you no longer "supporting the team?"

I supported the team before Hughes,and I'll support them long after Hughes has gone.The two things are unconnected.

My feeling is that we should be in a better league position than we currently are.
The self-inflicted draws against Hull and Burnley are starting to come back to haunt us now-especially after tonight's results.

We've put ourselves in a MUST win position tomorrow to keep in touch with the leaders.
We simply can't keep saying "it's a good point" much longer if we want to become serious contenders this season.

Good point.

Ducado said:
Soulboy said:
I have read your posts over the years slaughtering dozens of OUR players!

How come it's okay for you to whine about getting behind the manager yet NOT getting behind all the players?

Hypocrites like this are usually found at the swamp.

Find me one post, I think you may have me mixed up with someone else

Apologies if I mixed you up with someone else... but I find it hard to believe that you've never called for a player's head!

Soulboy said:
Ducado said:
Find me one post, I think you may have me mixed up with someone else

Apologies if I mixed you up with someone else... but I find it hard to believe that you've never called for a player's head!

Not really my style mate, I was not keen on Danny Mills, my own opinion is that players and people in general, need more encouragement to improve, rather than abuse.

I am not against debate and I am on record as saying that I am as frustrated with the draws as nearly everyone, however do we really need to keep going over the same old ground day after day, I have never seen blues so divided, and a win tomorrow will just change the pendulum back.

mancity5 said:
Why does supporting City, mean you have to support the wank manager ?

Because you need to accept that any decision to sack him is nothing to do with you or anyone else on here, so what have you got left to do? It seems the ultimate delusion for some people that if they can rant loud enough they will get their own way, if results get worse I am sure he will get the push, but why get yourself all worked up about something you have no control over?

Ducado said:
Here is something new

Why does not everyone just get behind the team and the manager, whoever it is, I have always supported the manager whoever it was! If the club decide to change the manager so be it, I will support the next manager.

It's out of our hands who the manager is, the decision will be made thousands of miles from here, in the meantime you have a club and a team to support.

Heres another idea.

On a football discussion board, why don't we discuss football.

I agree wholeheartedly that at the ground we should all get behind the team (not sure why it's so important to get behind the manager but there you go).

But theres no point having a football discussion board where you can't talk about what you think is going right, and what you think is going wrong at the club.

But the delusion will continue.It's just a shame that so many new threads are created so the same old things can be said by largely the same people. Is it not possible to have just one thread where all the negativity can go?

Ducado said:
mancity5 said:
Why does supporting City, mean you have to support the wank manager ?

Because you need to accept that any decision to sack him is nothing to do with you or anyone else on here, so what have you got left to do? It seems the ultimate delusion for some people that if they can rant loud enough they will get their own way, if results get worse I am sure he will get the push, but why get yourself all worked up about something you have no control over?

I'd argue that the opposite is true. If the groundswell of opinion continues that hes not doing a good job it'll definately start creeping in at the game. People power invariably shapes opinion, no manager will ever survive if the majority of fans turn against him. The owners are no fools either, if we're about 7th/8th going into the New Year I don't think they'll be best pleased

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.