Mark Hughes' exit from Manchester City

GStar said:
There's nothing to really suggest that BM is an accurate representation either?

I'm lost! ;)

I think theres generally much more hysteria, negativity and 'over the topness' on here than 'normal'.

There is good discussion on here but its hard to find, as you've said, the more radical views get more attention here, something that doesn't tend to happen elsewhere.

Are we arguing the same point, i'm not so sure... what i would say is; for all the good on here, if i wanted a cross section of City fan's opinions, i wouldn't use BM as my only primary source of evidence.

neither would i too many twa@ts on it ;)

It says here that Hughes facing a tow match touchline ban for his comments about Clattenburg on Saturday, its hardly going to help his cause in convincing the owners he is up to the job.

In his defence over Clattenburg though the ref did basically infer he didn't like Bellamy at half time and then decides to send him off in the 2nd half. Hmmm..

bizzbo said:
Ajay said:
Like I have said for months!

MH has got to keep us top 6 by year end, but if he does not it does not mean he will go!

There are two people lined up to replace him, one (the big M) has been pushing ADUG for the job for the past 8-9 months - he believes that we offer him the best opportunity to return to the Premiership and prove what he can do, and he also wants to make an immediate impact!

The other is a current, long serving, very respected Premiership manager who has been been approached and who has indicated that he is willing to open discussions but only when we are serious!

Personally I do not want to see MH leave and believe he should be given the full season.

Thank you

the second one is fergie, am i rite?

pmsl.

Martin O'Neill will be the correct answer though.

mcfc83 said:
It says here that Hughes facing a tow match touchline ban for his comments about Clattenburg on Saturday, its hardly going to help his cause in convincing the owners he is up to the job.

In his defence over Clattenburg though the ref did basically infer he didn't like Bellamy at half time and then decides to send him off in the 2nd half. Hmmm..

love him or loathe him, you have got to be on Hughes side where this tosser clattenburg is concerned surely.

Ajay said:
MH has got to keep us top 6 by year end, but if he does not it does not mean he will go!
So he hasn't got to keep us top 6 then?

Is the second manager Phil Brown?

As I've said before, if Mourinho wants the job now, he can have it. It would be madness to pass up on the opportunity to bring in a proper world-class manager with proven pedigree. Sticking with Hughes under such circumstances would be akin to turning down the opportunity to sign Lionel Messi because Kelvin Etuhu has a bit of potential and is showing signs of steady progress.

Dubai Blue said:
Ajay said:

As I've said before, if Mourinho wants the job now, he can have it. It would be madness to pass up on the opportunity to bring in a proper world-class manager with proven pedigree. Sticking with Hughes under such circumstances would be akin to turning down the opportunity to sign Lionel Messi because Kelvin Etuhu has a bit of potential and is showing signs of steady progress.

Totally agree.

Hughes is a dreadful manager.And if Mourinho does come, we'll deffo get John Terry this time around.We've paid way over the odds for an average two centre halves and Terry is just what we need.I can't believe how bad our defending is!

Dubai Blue said:
Ajay said:

PMSL

BeatingBarca said:
Dubai Blue said:

Totally agree.

Hughes is a dreadful manager.And if Mourinho does come, we'll deffo get John Terry this time around.We've paid way over the odds for an average two centre halves and Terry is just what we need.I can't believe how bad our defending is!
I don't think Hughes is a dreadful manager; it's just that there are better out there and we should be striving for the best.

BeatingBarca said:
Dubai Blue said:

Totally agree.

I think securing Jose would mean that we will definitely NOT be getting John Terry. Their professional relationship was non-existent by the time Jose left Chelsea.

Dubai Blue, love the analogy. Spot on, and pretty much what I think as well. Hughes is not a "dreadful manager" Barca, but he's certainly not world class.

m27 said:
BeatingBarca said:
Totally agree.

I think securing Jose would mean that we will definitely NOT be getting John Terry. Their professional relationship was non-existent by the time Jose left Chelsea.

Dubai Blue, love the analogy. Spot on, and pretty much what I think as well. Hughes is not a "dreadful manager" Barca, but he's certainly not world class.

Ok, he's not dreadful.His standard/level though, is Blackburn Rovers.IMHO, he's bought Lescott and Toure for nearly, what, £50m?And they're more scared of crosses than Dracula.His scope for buying players is "Oh, he's doing well at *insert Premier League Club here*, lets get him in" without any real thought as to whether they're good enough.Wenger knew Toure was past it after he got Malaria, and Lescott has had a career which has spanned one half decent season and there we we were with cash to throw at them.If Hughes had bothered to look abroad, we'd be in the top 2 now, no danger.

The goals we concede are normally comical (not for us, obviously).The Derby, anyone? :(

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.