Mark Hughes' exit from Manchester City

Didsbury Dave said:
Ajay said:
Believe it - our owners are not stupid, they are strategic business thinkers and they will not fall into the hands of people 'telling' them what is best for them....

If they kept Hughes on after last season when Mourinho wanted the job then they are stupid.

If you are a strategic business thinker then the first thing you do is realise you don't know best about everything. Then you appoint the best to advise you. And you listen to them.

They have no experience in Europena football. I believe noone in football would have advised them to turn Mourinho down. Except maybe MArk Bowen.

So I don't believe you for a second, to be honest.

spot on Dave, laughable to believe our owners wouldn't cart Hughes if Jose said "come and get me".

Prestwich_Blue said:
Didsbury Dave said:
I don't believe for one second that if Mourniho wanted the job our owners wouldn't have appointed him.
I have no idea but I wonder if our owners, who are serious and respected people who clearly like to stay under the radar, would be entirely happy with a man who is somewhat arrogant and indiscreet in his public utterances?

I'm not sure they'd care hugely, PB.

To be as successful as they have they surely know the key is to appoint the very best.

And that's what he is. They also know football is entertainment. They are looking for a big profile for City and hence for Abu Dhabi. He would give them that in spades. He's a modern day Malcolm Allison in that stories just follow him everywhere.

And so it begins...

Just because some posters do not like the message the article potrays, is not sufficient enough to warrant it unreliable.

Does anyone seriously think the media in Abu Dhabi are not well briefed, certainly better than some scribes over here.

Arabian Business News were the first to break the takeover, and also the Kaka deal on verge of collapse.

For what it is worth, the premise of the story is pretty accurate. It has always been a timing issue with regards when and if it would be done.

There are a set of circumstances falling into place/favour, allied to frustrating results, which is certainly accelerating the process.

I PM'd a couple of people a fortnight ago with certain info that could potentially see us with Jose Mourinho before the end of January.

The club didn't exactly go public recently in their backing for Hughes when it was reported both Hiddink and Mourinho were being lined up and Hughes was a dead man walking after the Hull game.

Subsequent results against Arsenal and Chelsea, still nothing.

Something special could well be happening, and as said previous, has always been about timing.

Rammy Blue said:
Didsbury Dave said:
If they kept Hughes on after last season when Mourinho wanted the job then they are stupid.

If you are a strategic business thinker then the first thing you do is realise you don't know best about everything. Then you appoint the best to advise you. And you listen to them.

They have no experience in Europena football. I believe noone in football would have advised them to turn Mourinho down. Except maybe MArk Bowen.

So I don't believe you for a second, to be honest.

Well this just goes to show how little 'we' all know about our owners!

spot on Dave, laughable to believe our owners wouldn't cart Hughes if Jose said "come and get me".

Im sorry I dont think City will ever be a 'big club' while we have Hughes in charge, for one the very top players wont come here if all were going to win is the mickey mouse cup which is what I believe Hughes is capable of, mainly cos the big clubs play theyre reserves.

If were talking winning the prem and European cup then we have to go for Jose or Hiddink (maybe Mancini)

European cup/Mark Hughes = dont make me laugh. :)

Prestwich_Blue said:
Didsbury Dave said:
I don't believe for one second that if Mourniho wanted the job our owners wouldn't have appointed him.
I have no idea but I wonder if our owners, who are serious and respected people who clearly like to stay under the radar, would be entirely happy with a man who is somewhat arrogant and indiscreet in his public utterances?

As with the F1 GP one of the reasons behind the purchase of City was to increase the profile of Abu Dhabi so staying under the radar is not exactly an option plus spending £200 mill on players and breaking the British transfer record is not the best way of keeping out of the limelight.

ADUG do not want adverse PR and will be sensitive to that but they do want positive PR and Mourinho is PR gold. There is no real negative publicity surrounding Mourinho unless you count the usual spats with officialdom and the press which all managers, including Hughes, attract. The other factor is that the media in the UK adore Mourinho and his press conferences were required watching and this alone will bring you more column inches and TV time. Irrespective of what anyone thinks of Hughes it cannot be denyed that employing Mourinho would be a sensational PR move and bring the focus and spotlight on to MCFC even more than it is now.

twinkletoes said:
Not another Hughes out thread.

Boring isn't it?

The people running the club said top six was the target. If we achieve that, which I am sure we will, and they then sack him I will be very worried we've been bought by just rich versions of Thaksin the bullshitter.

But I think they'll be true to their words, they have been in everything so far.

I had a decent set of clubs but I am looking to get the maximum performance out of my game so while the old set was pretty good and had given me some cracking rounds I just felt that i might get more length, less mishits, better consistency and better overall results from a more expensive tour proven set of clubs as used by the very top pro's in the game.

There are no guarantess but at least I will no longer be able to blame the clubs. If everything else is in place then there are no more excuses for failure......

Unfortunately, it seemed that while there was a little improvement I needed to employ the services of a better teaching pro than the one I usually use. He's pretty good and has got me this far. They reckon he might reach the very top one day. I want results now though and as money is no object I figure that using David Leadbetter will get the maximum from my game in the shortest timeframe. There is a reason why people are prepared to spend huge sums of money for the very best......

Didsbury Dave said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

I'm not sure they'd care hugely, PB.

To be as successful as they have they surely know the key is to appoint the very best.

And that's what he is. They also know football is entertainment. They are looking for a big profile for City and hence for Abu Dhabi. He would give them that in spades. He's a modern day Malcolm Allison in that stories just follow him everywhere.

We all know what happened when Malcolm Allison was manager! A fuckin' disaster.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.