Mark Hughes' exit from Manchester City

BillyShears said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Most stupid post ever on Bluemoon probably.

Sensible people said he needs more than a few games and preferably three seasons. I have come to the conclusion that the "outers" are proof that Care in the Community isn't working.

LOL...

I've come to the conclusion that on every Hughes In/Out thread there are essentially the same people saying the same things in different ways. There's always the occasional shining beacon of originality but even that's become very rare. Seems it's all been said before...

lol.

fuck all better to do though Billy.

blueinsa said:
twinkletoes said:
Going all serious now, diddums.

Why the ridiculous comment about where i live and why do i support City?

You are digging yourself in deeper mate!

You have a go so I had a go back and now I'm the bad guy.

I don't remember you putting forward any constructive critiscm, just sniping.

Like I said if you don't like it...

BillyShears said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Most stupid post ever on Bluemoon probably.

Sensible people said he needs more than a few games and preferably three seasons. I have come to the conclusion that the "outers" are proof that Care in the Community isn't working.

LOL...

I've come to the conclusion that on every Hughes In/Out thread there are essentially the same people saying the same things in different ways. There's always the occasional shining beacon of originality but even that's become very rare. Seems it's all been said before...

What about "spoilt brat syndrome"? I thought it was good even though I say so myself.

My opinion for what its worth, is that things have improved on and off the pitch during this season in particular where 'things' can be seen moving forwards. Mmmmm now comparing it to last year someone posted the points of our different managers and Hughes if I remember correctly was 2nd best. Now we do seem hard to beat and he has moved us forward. I do admit that all the players are not playing their best yet, Tevez is starting to have a better influence on games recently, long may htis continue. So overall, I have to say that I believe MH is doing some good groundwork that I hope we will see the fruits of soon, so we can grow as a team and move forward. Hope that made sense!

twinkletoes said:
blueinsa said:
Why the ridiculous comment about where i live and why do i support City?

You are digging yourself in deeper mate!

Whats the point?

I could also point you in the direction of the player interviews and articles you have seen saying top 4, you dont want to know and you will just carry on with your personalisation of the argument!

Hughes has this season imo, he has his own future in his own hands and the only thing that would change that for me is Mourinho being available tomorrow.

Top 4 he stays.

Below that he goes, regardless of the outcome of the CC as it means nothing now unfortunately except to us fans. If we really want to push on and be a global force in football, then the CL is the be all and end all.

blueinsa said:
twinkletoes said:

Whats the point?

I could also point you in the direction of the player interviews and articles you have seen saying top 4, you dont want to know and you will just carry on with your personalisation of the argument!

Hughes has this season imo, he has his own future in his own hands and the only thing that would change that for me is Mourinho being available tomorrow.

Top 4 he stays.

Below that he goes, regardless of the outcome of the CC as it means nothing now unfortunately except to us fans. If we really want to push on and be a global force in football, then the CL is the be all and end all.

That's more like it!

Didsbury Dave said:

He's had around 80 games, not just a few!

2 seasons is more than enough to judge any manager.
So you'd have sacked Ferguson and Moyes on that basis. Ferguson took Unitied to 4th in his first season then 11th in his second. Moyes took Everton to 7th in his first season and 17th in his second.

As well as Mercer, who only got us to mid-table in 1966/67, his second season.

Come on Dave, you're better than that.

Oh here we go...I was waiting for someone to trot out the Ferguson line.

Neither Ferguson or Moyes were given investment beyond the wildest dreams of the rest of football.

That's the difference. It's a huge difference.

PB, you're deluded if you think he'll get another season if this one is a failure. He wasn't even appointed by our owners.

You appear to be suggesting that he'll get another season regardless of what happens in this one. Do you seriously believe that?

I'll go out on a limb.....

I think our owners have the "finger on the trigger" at this moment in time, we have heard nothing from the Chairman or Cook since Abu Dhabi 6/7 weeks ago, and a couple of further poor results will see Hughes gone.

When i first looked at the fixtures, at the beginning of the season, I viewed our Xmas run of Sunderland (H), Stoke (H) and Wolves (A) as nailed on 9 points - now I feel I can almost guarantee we will drop a bollock in one of them.

I really hope we get 3 points tonight and have a good Xmas run, it is certainly there for us to take advantage, this though is always a very important time of the season as managerial changes get made now and in Jan otherwise it becomes end of season.

We have to make top4 this season and IF we don't win tonight and are 8th in the table in the morn then it won't sit well with the owners.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.