Mark Hughes' exit from Manchester City

Didsbury Dave said:
Sensible people said he needs more than a few games and preferably three seasons. I have come to the conclusion that the "outers" are proof that Care in the Community isn't working.

He's had around 80 games, not just a few!

2 seasons is more than enough to judge any manager.

Unless we go into freefall, I don't think he should be sacked yet. But if we're not top 4 come May he has to go. Maybe, just maybe if we just miss out by a point or two and win a trophy he might save his skin.

But even then I doubt it.

To summarise, I don't want him out now. But I certainly don't think that those who do are evidence of "care in the community". That's a ridiculous statement to make, PB, to be honest. I thought you had more sense.

Why????

Top 6 was the stated target

the ones that want out now are the the fans that are holding this club back in my opinion!

smiler1234uk said:
Now we do seem hard to beat and he has moved us forward.
He has only moved us forward if you compare him with himself and his results last season. If you compare him with his predecessor, we are six points worse off at this date (december 15) than we were two seasons ago.

Yes, I know we didn't finish that season in great style, but IMO that was beacause the squad was paper thin (it cost £250 million less than the current one).

simon23 said:
Didsbury Dave said:
He's had around 80 games, not just a few!

2 seasons is more than enough to judge any manager.

Unless we go into freefall, I don't think he should be sacked yet. But if we're not top 4 come May he has to go. Maybe, just maybe if we just miss out by a point or two and win a trophy he might save his skin.

But even then I doubt it.

To summarise, I don't want him out now. But I certainly don't think that those who do are evidence of "care in the community". That's a ridiculous statement to make, PB, to be honest. I thought you had more sense.

Why????

Top 6 was the stated target

the ones that want out now are the the fans that are holding this club back in my opinion!

How are we holding the club back???

Those that think 6th is acceptable and the owners will settle for that after what has been spent need their heads examining!

And whats this... crap? ffs finish your sentences you immature twats!

Rant over

Jesus Simon, We're going round in bloody circles.

the "Top Six is the target" line was totally disproved about 5 pages ago.

And you said two posts ago he should be given three seasons. What, even if we finish below 6th?

blueinsa said:
twinkletoes said:
No I'm one of the patient ones. Whereas you..

...are one of the one's that takes his time to give his opinion and reasons why he holds that opinion, in a thoughtful manner.

Just thought id finish it for you, you seem to be struggling at the moment?

As for tonight, 3-1 City!

I hope you aren't sniping again.

I have given my reasons previously so I don't want to keep going over old ground.

I am just trying to give a perspective on why you and the other people that have come out should have their opinion.

PhuketBlue said:
twinkletoes said:
Our owners said at the start of the season that the target was sixth place.

That was at the same time as they said they weren't going to spend a lot if I remember correctly. As they did then actually spend quite a bit, expectations may well have changed accordingly.

that was said after all the spending had happeded i think....i think we had played a few games when that was acutally said....

it is idiots like sky pundits who keep saying top 4 should be the target......khaldoon and garry cooke said after the season had started that the target was top 6.....which is a realistic one whereas top 4 isnt really (even with the money we have spent....)

Didsbury Dave said:

And you said two posts ago he should be given three seasons. What, even if we finish below 6th?

I must have missed that.

barney8 said:
smiler1234uk said:
Now we do seem hard to beat and he has moved us forward.
He has only moved us forward if you compare him with himself and his results last season. If you compare him with his predecessor, we are six points worse off at this date (december 15) than we were two seasons ago.

Yes, I know we didn't finish that season in great style, but IMO that was beacause the squad was paper thin (it cost £250 million less than the current one).

Dead right. I thought the squad hughes inherited was already goo denough for top six, or was a couple of players away at any rate.

Some people are starting to believe this myth that we were a relegation team when Hughes took us over.

We weren't. We had a decent squad.

twinkletoes said:
Didsbury Dave said:

I must have missed that.

Does anyone have a link to the article where top 6 was stated as our aim?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.