Mark Hughes' exit from Manchester City

Rammy Blue said:
I'll go out on a limb.....

I think our owners have the "finger on the trigger" at this moment in time, we have heard nothing from the Chairman or Cook since Abu Dhabi 6/7 weeks ago, and a couple of further poor results will see Hughes gone.

When i first looked at the fixtures, at the beginning of the season, I viewed our Xmas run of Sunderland (H), Stoke (H) and Wolves (A) as nailed on 9 points - now I feel I can almost guarantee we will drop a bollock in one of them.

I really hope we get 3 points tonight and have a good Xmas run, it is certainly there for us to take advantage, this though is always a very important time of the season as managerial changes get made now and in Jan otherwise it becomes end of season.

We have to make top4 this season and IF we don't win tonight and are 8th in the table in the morn then it won't sit well with the owners.

Not a lot to disagree with there mate.

Rammy Blue said:

I think our owners have the "finger on the trigger" at this moment in time, we have heard nothing from the Chairman or Cook since Abu Dhabi 6/7 weeks ago, and a couple of further poor results will see Hughes gone.

When i first looked at the fixtures, at the beginning of the season, I viewed our Xmas run of Sunderland (H), Stoke (H) and Wolves (A) as nailed on 9 points - now I feel I can almost guarantee we will drop a bollock in one of them.

I really hope we get 3 points tonight and have a good Xmas run, it is certainly there for us to take advantage, this though is always a very important time of the season as managerial changes get made now and in Jan otherwise it becomes end of season.

We have to make top4 this season and IF we don't win tonight and are 8th in the table in the morn then it won't sit well with the owners.

I think our transfer budget in January will indicate what the owners thoughts are.

Our owners said at the start of the season that the target was sixth place.

They haven't said anything since then so I think that still remains the target.

There are two kinds of City supporters-

Patient ones and...

Rammy Blue said:

I have a sneaky feeling that's the case too. I don't know if it's the silence, the rumblings in the rumour mill or the slightly haunted look Hughes has.

Come on City, a winning run over Christmas and this will all become irrelevant. Tonight just feels so important to me for many reasons.

twinkletoes said:

Patient ones and...

....pretend rag wums like your good self.

Rammy Blue said:
twinkletoes said:

Patient ones and...

No I'm one of the patient ones. Whereas you..

robbieh said:
Since West Brom in Dec 08 I have been a Hughes outer. His supporters at that stage said lets give him until the end of the season. Then it was lets give him until Christmas and now it is until the end of this season.

The goalposts keep moving while the performances remain substandard.

While outers are accused of being Rags I have come to the conclusion that the inners are MH and Bowen and various other backroom staff under a variety of bluemoon usernames.

I can sincerely find no other reason for this undying support for our manager.

massive genrealisation there....Im a supporter who believes MH should be given till at least the end of next season and have always maintained that right from the point he was appointed (and believe you me i wasnt particularly in favour of his appointment as I wrongly thought his brand of football would be the long ball kick and rush...he has proved me wrong!!!)

my support comes from the fact that i can see the progression the club is making...signing mostly the correct type of player, good style of play and enjoyable to watch, a team that is doing well in its infancy and i believe will get better with expereince together, comments from players like ireland and ned saying the training is the best they have had (including under sven).....a team that is properly managed by a man who is a born winner..........

what i dont take notice of (which some clearly do) is his history of playing for utd!!!!!...childish at best

twinkletoes said:

That was at the same time as they said they weren't going to spend a lot if I remember correctly. As they did then actually spend quite a bit, expectations may well have changed accordingly.

twinkletoes said:
Rammy Blue said:

No I'm one of the patient ones. Whereas you..

...are one of the one's that takes his time to give his opinion and reasons why he holds that opinion, in a thoughtful manner.

Just thought id finish it for you, you seem to be struggling at the moment?

As for tonight, 3-1 City!

twinkletoes said:

Patient ones and...

Would you sit and wait patiently for something that you have a good idea probably isn't ever goin to come?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.