Mark Hughes' exit from Manchester City

Wow the way this thread has grown, I thought something had happened! And my opinion for what it's worth is, before a ball was kicked i'd have taken finnishing 5th or maybe even 6th, but only if the top 4 was intact, The fact that another side other than the usual top 4 could finnish above us is worrying especially Tottenham, seeing as Harry has been there 6 months less than Hughes has been with us and they were in the bottom 2 when he arrived there (that suggest's, maybe Hughes has had long enough to get the team to "gel"). Now im not saying Hughes has to go now, and he has my support whilst he is our manager, but the time issue with Hughes has ran out for me, I want too see proper progress on the pitch, yes were hard to beat but we've also thrown away to many games, were still "typical City" in too many way's.

blueinsa said:
simon23 said:
Why????

Top 6 was the stated target

the ones that want out now are the the fans that are holding this club back in my opinion!

How are we holding the club back???

because by showing a lack of patience and keep demanding a change of manager....this will set the club back 3 large steps

1...appoint new manager

2...new manager has to get new back room staff and possibly new players

3takes time for manager, new staff and new players to gell......by which time fans have become in patient again and are demanding a new maanger!!!!

twinkletoes said:
blueinsa said:
...are one of the one's that takes his time to give his opinion and reasons why he holds that opinion, in a thoughtful manner.

Just thought id finish it for you, you seem to be struggling at the moment?

As for tonight, 3-1 City!

I hope you aren't sniping again.

I have given my reasons previously so I don't want to keep going over old ground.

I am just trying to give a perspective on why you and the other people that have come out should have their opinion.

And we have told you mate, players interviews, Gary Cooke's recent interview where he clearly states that he and Hughes have agreed that they need to aim higher and also the fact that the players we have so far attracted have not come here with a promise of Europa League football next year.

BlueMoonWalker said:
Those that think 6th is acceptable and the owners will settle for that after what has been spent need their heads examining!

And whats this... crap? ffs finish your sentences you immature twats!

Rant over

try not to insult people please.....it only lessons the likelyhood anypone will even respect or agree with your opinions on football isues let alone give you any chance of changing someones mind!!

Simon,you really need to read back a few pages where we had this debate.

But you never answered my question - what do we do with hughes if we finish 8th?

blueinsa said:
twinkletoes said:
I hope you aren't sniping again.

I have given my reasons previously so I don't want to keep going over old ground.

I am just trying to give a perspective on why you and the other people that have come out should have their opinion.

And we have told you mate, players interviews, Gary Cooke's recent interview where he clearly states that he and Hughes have agreed that they need to aim higher and also the fact that the players we have so far attracted have not come here with a promise of Europa League football next year.

Let me see the transcripts.

Surely there must be something on the internet.

If that's the case then I can only be critical of Garry Cook and our chairman.

Didsbury Dave said:
Jesus Simon, We're going round in bloody circles.

the "Top Six is the target" line was totally disproved about 5 pages ago.

And you said two posts ago he should be given three seasons. What, even if we finish below 6th?

sorry DD i cannt read all the pages as Im at work and the system block some of the pages for some reason

why was the top 6 bit dispoved??

and yes i do believe he should be given 3 seasons......as long as we dont finish below 9th (which is wher we finished last season)...we have already had a cup run longer than most in recent history...irrespective of whether teams have put out inferior teams...lets not forget who we have been beaten by in the past in these lesser cups etc

simon23 said:
blueinsa said:
How are we holding the club back???

because by showing a lack of patience and keep demanding a change of manager....this will set the club back 3 large steps

1...appoint new manager

2...new manager has to get new back room staff and possibly new players

3takes time for manager, new staff and new players to gell......by which time fans have become in patient again and are demanding a new maanger!!!!

Sorry mate but i dont agree.

We have a really talanted squad and any top class manager would get them working no problems. Of couse he would also buy new players, thats what football clubs do.

Of course the backroom staff would change, so what, that happens at all clubs and i didnt here you lot moaning when Hughes went about culling all and sundry?

PhuketBlue said:
twinkletoes said:
I must have missed that.

Does anyone have a link to the article where top 6 was stated as our aim?

OK found it and this was from back in May (not sure if there has been anything more recent). He does say top 6 but he also says we won't be splashing the cash so expectation could have risen as more money was spent:

Manchester City chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak has told manager Mark Hughes to lead the club to a place in the top six of the Barclays Premier League next season, saying he is a "reasonable and realistic man".

City's defeat by Tottenham at the weekend ended their hopes of a spot in the Europa League. However, with one match remaining – against Bolton on Sunday – Hughes is already clear about the club's ambitions following meetings with Al Mubarak and chief executive Garry Cook.

Al Mubarak told the club's website: "I think people see me as a reasonable and realistic man. Given what we have done this year and the ambitions we have this summer, a top-six finish next year should be a reasonable and achievable target.

"We all know we are not going to splash money around because that model, that formula, doesn't work. You're not going to buy 22 new players and then the next year you win the Premier League.

"[But] there will be money for new players. We need more depth and plans are already advanced. I have been talking to Garry and Mark for weeks now. We are pretty clear on what we want, and I am clear on what Mark has identified as the areas that need to be supported, and we will step up.

"It needs to be done sustainably, with quality management, quality infrastructure and a quality manager. That's what we are doing. The players will come, and the results will come."

Lomas has a lob on said:
Wow the way this thread has grown, I thought something had happened! And my opinion for what it's worth is, before a ball was kicked i'd have taken finnishing 5th or maybe even 6th, but only if the top 4 was intact, The fact that another side other than the usual top 4 could finnish above us is worrying especially Tottenham, seeing as Harry has been there 6 months less than Hughes has been with us and they were in the bottom 2 when he arrived there (that suggest's, maybe Hughes has had long enough to get the team to "gel"). Now im not saying Hughes has to go now, and he has my support whilst he is our manager, but the time issue with Hughes has ran out for me, I want too see proper progress on the pitch, yes were hard to beat but we've also thrown away to many games, were still "typical City" in too many way's.

spurs had a much better squad irrespective of position in the table before HR joined compared to when MH joined city

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.