Martin Demichelis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow cant believe some of shite he is getting tonight, most of the lads in our row had him down as our best player.

Decc66 said:
Wow cant believe some of shite he is getting tonight, most of the lads in our row had him down as our best player.
He might of been yours and the other guys 'best player' but he certainly didn't fit the system. And i think he was far from the best player. But he did try his best.

Decc66 said:

Were you facing away from the pitch? ;-D
Seriously he did so,e some good stuff but was crucified on 4 or 5 occasions by Chelsea counter attacks. And on far too may occasions he simply took too many touches.

We are a one player team and if that player (Fernandinho) is injured we're fucked. HUGE mistake in the window not getting him an apprentice.

Decc66 said:

Have to agree. How can Demechelis be the reason we were overrun at times in midfield.At least he was there!

It always looks worse when a team breaks at you when you have committed so many players ,including defenders, into attacking positions.Add to that Chelsea break very quickly with players like Willian,Ramires and Hazard.Not just pace either as they are very skillful as well.

Chelsea were really good tonight and played basically the perfect match against City.Other teams will try the same but they won't have 3 players like Chelsea who get back well but are superb on the break and they also won't have defensive midfield players like Luiz and Matic ( he looked quality didn't he?)

The main reason we were"overrun" was 2 up front and 2 that gave the ball away far too easily especially Negredo who had a mare tonight.

Much better than Garcia. Reads the game better, class with the ball and a solid distributer.

His even a good tackler in the midfield, though what he lacks is pace & agility but so does Garcia - I'd definitely prefer Demichelis in midfield.

Nelly's Left Foot said:
Decc66 said:

Have to agree. How can Demechelis be the reason we were overrun at times in midfield.At least he was there!

It always looks worse when a team breaks at you when you have committed so many players ,including defenders, into attacking positions.Add to that Chelsea break very quickly with players like Willian,Ramires and Hazard.Not just pace either as they are very skillful as well.

Chelsea were really good tonight and played basically the perfect match against City.Other teams will try the same but they won't have 3 players like Chelsea who get back well but are superb on the break and they also won't have defensive midfield players like Luiz and Matic ( he looked quality didn't he?)

The main reason we were"overrun" was 2 up front and 2 that gave the ball away far too easily especially Negredo who had a mare tonight.
At times he wasn't. i did fear he would be sent off. I think that yellow card early on also limited him. I would agree on Negredo having a very bad game, but for some strange reason i would of still fanncied him to score more then i did Dzeko after the Jovetic substitution.

Nelly's Left Foot said:
Decc66 said:

I still just dont understand why our manager decided to put demechellis up against the players you mentioned- defies logic- rapid, busy, mobile players - he was never going to get the better of that situation .<br /><br />-- Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:24 am --<br /><br />
Marvin said:
Not sure if any of you were at the game tonight. He won a lot of ball, and made the simple pass.

The faults were not in the defensive midfield but in the cheap way we gave away the ball when usually we are so good in possession.

The big clue for you is City failed to score, yet that is Demichelis fault?

NO DRIVE !!!!!!!!!! The most stationary midfield player iv seen for a long time

I think he did an Ok job in a position he shouldn't have been in. Amazing how quickly even our squad is short of players when the injuries start kicking in. I do think there was a place for Milner in there tonight, all this talk of him being a boring player is just bullshit

Marvin said:
TrueBlue1705 said:
If I can say anything to defend MDM its that Pellegrini got it badly wrong - we were totally exposed down our left side, I know he like Kols attacking qualities but Clichy would have been better today - Clearly Chelsea had identified our left side as our defensive weak area. Also to try and play a two man midfield against one of Europe's top teams with a 33 year old as one of the CMs who's legs have gone is absolute lunacy!!!!

-- Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:29 pm --

Damocles said:
<a class="postlink" href="http://epl.squawka.com/manchester-city-vs-chelsea/03-02-2014/english-barclays-premier-league/matches" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://epl.squawka.com/manchester-city- ... ue/matches</a>

17 shots OFF target ...... Dzeko was leaning back and slashing at the ball with no composure tonight and Silva missed two absolute sitters that a player of his quality should score with his eyes closed ....
All those fond of scapegoats picking on the wrong guy

After battering Chelsea in the opening stages, I feared the worst when Silva missed that sitter. He really has to improve his finishing

I don't like criticising individual players, but it was City's offensive game which was poor tonight

We have played all season with the same style, and it has worked. Unfortunately too many injuries and too many players off their game

In a 4-4-2 formation both the central midfielders need to be offensive and defensive in equal measures, if we played 3 central mids he could have been the more defensive of the 3 but in a two hes a lost cause and a toal liability in my opinion.
I dont rate him, dont like the way he plays, dont think he's good enough for where we are and would rather him just be on the bench, which incidentally is where and what i thought pellegrini bought him for.COVER ONLY !!!!

Pellers should've gone for a Mancini special, put on Jimmy alongside MDM and push Yaya further forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.