Martin Demichelis

Status
Not open for further replies.
He had a spell of 10 minutes on both end of HT where he was awful and giving them a ball on their will.

Out of that he did good job in clearly not fair battle in the midfield.

Both him and Yaya did well for most part of the game considering the task they had in front and quality and number of players they had to battle against.

oakiecokie said:
Marvin said:
Not sure if any of you were at the game tonight. He won a lot of ball, and made the simple pass.

The faults were not in the defensive midfield but in the cheap way we gave away the ball when usually we are so good in possession.

The big clue for you is City failed to score, yet that is Demichelis fault?

Spot on Marvin and yes I was there.He had a far better game than people are claiming,especially with his distribution... and it was no worse than Yayas or Silvas !!!
Totally agree with you both. We hugely missed Fernandhino, I predicted we would miss him more than anyone in the big games back in November, Yaya and Silva were off their game because we didn't have Fernandhino, though I thought Yaya worked pretty hard, and basically was dead on his feet after 80 minutes. Demichelis was fine, and for the most part did his job, there were a few errors of course, but he's never going to replace Fernandhino like for like.

Fernandhino is one of the best in his position in the world at the moment and a very very key figure for us, in fact in games like tonight, he's the key player for me.

cleavers said:
oakiecokie said:
Marvin said:
Not sure if any of you were at the game tonight. He won a lot of ball, and made the simple pass.

The faults were not in the defensive midfield but in the cheap way we gave away the ball when usually we are so good in possession.

The big clue for you is City failed to score, yet that is Demichelis fault?

Spot on Marvin and yes I was there.He had a far better game than people are claiming,especially with his distribution... and it was no worse than Yayas or Silvas !!!
Totally agree with you both. We hugely missed Fernandhino, I predicted we would miss him more than anyone in the big games back in November, Yaya and Silva were off their game because we didn't have Fernandhino, though I thought Yaya worked pretty hard, and basically was dead on his feet after 80 minutes. Demichelis was fine, and for the most part did his job, there were a few errors of course, but he's never going to replace Fernandhino like for like.

Fernandhino is one of the best in his position in the world at the moment and a very very key figure for us, in fact in games like tonight, he's the key player for me.

I didn't bother putting across the fact he did well to much as people were not for listening before (fair enough tbh as we lost).
For someone with no pace he did a fine job and if people mean to or not are gauging him against arguably the best player in the world, unfair.

I do feel he needed taking of after half time though for no other reason than he was fucked.

Making a few tackles and some simple passes is not good enough. To ask Yaya to play in a two CM with MDM was hanging him out to dry... Demichelis legs have gone and he can't cover the pitch like Fernandinho does on top of that given the way we set up its astonishing that Clichy didn't play left back for his pace & better defensive capabilities. Chelsea took us apart on the counter and exposed a massive defensive weakness down our left side. We were out-foxed. Yes we missed chances, Silva missed two sitters & Dzeko was frustrating but we're lucky Chelsea could easily have scored 4 or 5 and hit the woodwork how many times??

I thought he was our best player tonight. He looked like the only one who wanted to win it until jovetic came on. Don't get why he's getting so much stick tonight.

i would say, on the night, he did his job better than silva, negredo, dzeko, and nastasic did theirs

still can't believe silva missed those two sitters. nasri buries both of those

andrewmswift said:
i would say, on the night, he did his job better than silva, negredo, dzeko, and nastasic did theirs

still can't believe silva missed those two sitters. nasri buries both of those

Agreed.

We know his lack of speed will be exposed against sides like Chelsea when you are missing the likes of Ferny.

He did what he could but defensive midfield definitely needs strengthening over summer.

Lets hope we can cover for Ferny against those sides fighting for points in the bottom half.

MD and Yaya will need better support if we go that way until Ferny returns.

bloodyboutsa said:
Much better than Garcia. Reads the game better, class with the ball and a solid distributer.

His even a good tackler in the midfield, though what he lacks is pace & agility but so does Garcia - I'd definitely prefer Demichelis in midfield.

I'd play Jimmy. Garcia even Rodwell in front of him every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.