Martinez could be set for assistant managers role

MSP said:
Can't see it happening but if it would City would have the nicest set of coaching stuff by a country mile.

Imagine the bench with Pellegrini, Martinez and Kidd. Class all away around.

That would be nice but Martinez is very ambitious so it seems likely that he would want another number 1 position. However, bring in pole position for one of the biggest jobs in world football (a job that should only get bigger) might be more appealing than managing in the Championship; might depend on whether he thinks he can make Everton, for example, something more than also-rans.

The attractions from City's perspective are obvious.

MSP said:
I don't see it happening definitely and would find it strange if Martinez would accept it but would be happy if he would.

Who knows, stranger things happened.

Brendan Rodgers was very nearly Mancini's assistant and even though he was ambitious enough, the City job must of appealed to him enough to consider it and nearly accept it. As it happens the Swansea job turned up at very short notice and with plans Swansea had in place made him turn us down to become an outright manager.

Ray78 said:
MSP said:
I don't see it happening definitely and would find it strange if Martinez would accept it but would be happy if he would.

Who knows, stranger things happened.

Brendan Rodgers was very nearly Mancini's assistant and even though he was ambitious enough, the City job must of appealed to him enough to consider it and nearly accept it. As it happens the Swansea job turned up at very short notice and with plans Swansea had in place made him turn us down to become an outright manager.

That's exactly what will most probably make Martinez to turn City down.

I don't know what City would offer and promise to him and as I said I've seen stranger things happen but I think he can get solid main man job and can't see him accepting assistant one role.

If I'd be on his place unless City would guaranteed me the main job in 2 years time at max. I'd take Everton manager job without thinking too much.

OB1 said:
MSP said:
Can't see it happening but if it would City would have the nicest set of coaching stuff by a country mile.

That would be nice but Martinez is very ambitious so it seems likely that he would want another number 1 position. However, bring in pole position for one of the biggest jobs in world football (a job that should only get bigger) might be more appealing than managing in the Championship; might depend on whether he thinks he can make Everton, for example, something more than also-rans.

Ambitious enough to turn down Liverpool and continue managing a team which would almost certainly once again face relegation.

Matt the Giant said:
OB1 said:
MSP said:

Ambitious enough to turn down Liverpool and continue managing a team which would almost certainly once again face relegation.

Was he actually offered the Liverpool job?

If he did turn them down or the chance to speak to them down, it doesn't mean that he did so because he is not ambitious.

Do you think that he would be happy to be number 2 at City?

He was also offered the Villa job, they're a big club despite their current woes.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jun/10/roberto-martinez-aston-villa-wigan" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011 ... illa-wigan</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.