MartinO'Neill

uwe rosler 28 said:
pee dubya said:
Nah, it's all about getting the ball wide and crossing it for Hartson/Sutton (Heskey Carew) or hitting on the break with Larsson (Agbonlahor). 2 big lumps at the back - Balde + Mjällby (Dunne and Collins), then 2 wide players - Agathe (Young) and Thompson (Milner/Downing). Then just having a solid central midfield.

He spent a lot of money too, and left you with an aging side on high wages, which Strachan had to come in and completely rebuild on a far smaller budget.

thats a bit harsh he bought what he could with his budget and size of the club
also took celtic to a uefa cup final villa to carling cup final and won 2 trophys with Leicster we've been to 1 semi final since 1981 i for 1 would'nt have minded signing them players and having a bit of success he MON plays with what he's got and makes it work!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not saying he's shit, he's done a good job at the clubs he's been at (although he knows when to get out), i just think that's his level, he's a bit like Allardyce that way, really good at what he does, but i don't think he has the adaptability to change and succeed at a higher level, i think he'd fail at Liverpool, united, and these days i think he'd fail here too.

I could be totally wrong, but that's just my view.

Anyone seen any bookmakers offering odds on where he will get his next managerial job?

pee dubya said:
uwe rosler 28 said:
thats a bit harsh he bought what he could with his budget and size of the club
also took celtic to a uefa cup final villa to carling cup final and won 2 trophys with Leicster we've been to 1 semi final since 1981 i for 1 would'nt have minded signing them players and having a bit of success he MON plays with what he's got and makes it work!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not saying he's shit, he's done a good job at the clubs he's been at (although he knows when to get out), i just think that's his level, he's a bit like Allardyce that way, really good at what he does, but i don't think he has the adaptability to change and succeed at a higher level, i think he'd fail at Liverpool, united, and these days i think he'd fail here too.

I could be totally wrong, but that's just my view.

fair enough pal everyone is entiltled to their opinion thats what forum's are for will be intresting to see how he does in his next job as for your comment on he only has 1 style so does mourinho and it works for him not putting him in the same bracket as mourinho though but defo not in the same bracket as lets put some snow on the ball fat sam

I'm sure the BBC's News at Ten's reporter, speaking live from a deserted Villa Park, said this had "caused dysentry" before correcting himself with the word "distress"...

Lomas has a lob on said:
The end of last season, a month ago, or even a fortnight ago I might have understood, but five days before a new season!!!! If I were a Villa fan I'd be absolutely fuming, something has seriously gone wrong behind the scenes today, this will however most probably speed up the Milner deal.
On a side note on Villa talk one of there ITKs who does seem fairly respected, mentioned something about Garry Cook causing major shit for Villa, and that is part of all this. Probably bollocks.

Link? Would be interested to know what the rumours are surrounding Cook's involvement...

Well that's another manager gone.

MON and Randy have obviously fell out, personally I don't think MON is very easy to get on with, his man management skills are just a myth.

I'm glad he's gone, but this late is worrying.

Randy has done wonders for the club so hopefully he'll pull something out of the bag.

Klinsmann please.

Wonder what'll happen with the Milner deal? I expect it to go ahead.

Cambridgeblue said:
Lomas has a lob on said:
The end of last season, a month ago, or even a fortnight ago I might have understood, but five days before a new season!!!! If I were a Villa fan I'd be absolutely fuming, something has seriously gone wrong behind the scenes today, this will however most probably speed up the Milner deal.
On a side note on Villa talk one of there ITKs who does seem fairly respected, mentioned something about Garry Cook causing major shit for Villa, and that is part of all this. Probably bollocks.

Link? Would be interested to know what the rumours are surrounding Cook's involvement...

City are now ruining Aston Villa - its official.

Cook getting the blame for O'Neil - heard it all now, the rumour was probably started by a blue !

I like MON, his style of footy might not be pretty, but its effective.

tbh, ever since this happened, I've been thinking we should blow Spuds out of the water for Ashley Young, especially if mard arse gets his wish and stays at Santos.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.