MartinO'Neill

20sbc07 said:
Here's what officially happened.

Martin O'Neill didn't want to sell Milner to city. This lead to Roberto Mancini getting annoyed, he always gets what he wants. So basically Mancini used his contacts to give O'Neill an offer he couldnt refuse.... He refused.
This morning O'Neill woke up with a horses head in his bed and a thank you note for selling us Milner, Signed.. R. Mancini.

True story guys!

PMSL

Never liked MON and never understood all the praise he got. He did buy a few decent players but many clubs (not us) couldn't afford such risks. He played very direct football which while not boring wasn't particularly dynamic when change was needed. And he moaned. Boy what a moaner.

I felt for him when his wife was sick (I feel embarrassed now that I don't know if she recoverred - hope she did) but he always struck me as a man angry with life. Someone who would look for anyone to blame other than him and his buddies. Sort of like Moyes.

Hope he stays ome to be honest.

Cambridgeblue said:
Lomas has a lob on said:
The end of last season, a month ago, or even a fortnight ago I might have understood, but five days before a new season!!!! If I were a Villa fan I'd be absolutely fuming, something has seriously gone wrong behind the scenes today, this will however most probably speed up the Milner deal.
On a side note on Villa talk one of there ITKs who does seem fairly respected, mentioned something about Garry Cook causing major shit for Villa, and that is part of all this. Probably bollocks.

Link? Would be interested to know what the rumours are surrounding Cook's involvement...

all I saw was a one liner, "Update; one word. Cook. *expletive deleted*" or sth like that.

the previous day one of the ITK's said Ireland wouldn't take a pay cut and wanted a million for every year of his contract from City, and Cook had no choice but to agree or re-negotiate the whole deal. I remember it, cos, the tone was extremely smug, like they thought Villa had backed City into a corner... and I thought, err... well, dunno how strong Villa's position is in this if Milner will agree terms but Ireland won't .... more importantly, why wouldn't Cook re-negotiate?

Villa fans aren't bothered. <a class="postlink" href="http://www.birminghammail.net/news/top-stories/2010/08/09/aston-villa-manager-martin-o-neill-resigns-97319-27028408/#sitelife-comments-bottom" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.birminghammail.net/news/top- ... nts-bottom</a>

i might as well get used to the fact that milners gonna be a wearing sky blue,but still don't think hes worth wat were gonna pay for him

Chick Counterfly said:
Cambridgeblue said:
Link? Would be interested to know what the rumours are surrounding Cook's involvement...

all I saw was a one liner, "Update; one word. Cook. *expletive deleted*" or sth like that.

the previous day one of the ITK's said Ireland wouldn't take a pay cut and wanted a million for every year of his contract from City, and Cook had no choice but to agree or re-negotiate the whole deal. I remember it, cos, the tone was extremely smug, like they thought Villa had backed City into a corner... and I thought, err... well, dunno how strong Villa's position is in this if Milner will agree terms but Ireland won't .... more importantly, why wouldn't Cook re-negotiate?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.villatalk.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=61688&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=garry+cook&start=1455" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.villatalk.com/index.php?name ... start=1455</a>

cityboy1 said:
i might as well get used to the fact that milners gonna be a wearing sky blue,but still don't think hes worth wat were gonna pay for him

Personally hope the deal is off cant see Ireland wanting to go there now

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.