Mason Greenwood released on bail

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is also a distinct possibility that our Phil gets interviewed to see if he had any knowledge of what was going on.

Why would they do that? Would they also interview the tea lady or all of us to see if we had any knowledge? There would presumably need to be some sort of suspicion that someone had relevant information rather than just fishing with random people.

If it wasn't him on the recording I suspect he/his agent/the club would have made a statement refuting the claims soon after it hit the public domain. The fact they didn't speaks volumes.

no so ?
like i said good editing and cutting could have been done ?
the police still have him and being held in custody without charge at the moment. so no public statements from both parties ?

Things said when on England duty. Phil was no angel in Iceland.
So something might have been said years back about something that happened a few months back?

I‘m not sure you’ve thought this through.

I doubt they will be questioning many of Greenwood’s club or country teammates as they will have nothing to say on what is happening now.

I've been saying just this for some time now. I note that the Independent is carrying a piece today which makes clear the risks of people continuing to post opinions on the case on social media platforms.

its the chances of watering it down and false statements and witnesses and just information that should not be made public that can harm the case against both parties ? the CPS knows if a case gets leaked and its high profile the chances of getting into court could be hampered before of a trail by a jury

i really think just like the mendy case ? that media and fan sites should be very careful what is said for legal reasons

no so ?
like i said good editing and cutting could have been done ?
the police still have him and being held in custody without charge at the moment. so no public statements from both parties ?
Cutting a single voice into a recording and making it sound believable is difficult enough, but there are two distinct voices in the recording. I'm not saying it would be impossible, but HIGHLY improbable.

I honestly think that he/his agent/the club would have made a statement to the contrary in an attempt to avoid potential fallout IF they believed that it wasn't him on the recording.

its the chances of watering it down and false statements and witnesses and just information that should not be made public that can harm the case against both parties ? the CPS knows if a case gets leaked and its high profile the chances of getting into court could be hampered before of a trail by a jury

i really think just like the mendy case ? that media and fan sites should be very careful what is said for legal reasons
?

I thought about that bizarre statement from the girl's father yesterday and wonder if it was a damage limitation exercise. The family probably know that there will be an element of United "supporters" (and by that, I mean the fuckwits around the country, not the match going fans) who could target the family in support of Greenwood. It's the only plausible explanation for what he is is reported to have said.

I thought that was the only possible generous reading of his comments. Given how women are often treated when they come forward with kind of thing, it's plausible that they might want to get the information out there but then make it look like it wasn't them who released the info or approached the police. Even if that's the case here though, some of the wording he's used and the way in which he sounds almost sympathetic towards Greenwood, doesn't sit very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.