Mason Greenwood released on bail

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is a lot of these girls and women get trapped with violent partners out of fear. If they dare leave the controlling Psychos they are often stalked, harassed and something murdered.

Isn`t the internet a wonderful thing - I mean, if this were to go to court all the lawyers would have to do is pop into Rag Cafe for a perfect character assessment to put to the court. Whilst a lot of it maybe hearsay there`s no smoke without fire.

Rumoured stories of him and friends renting an AirBNB for late night parties during Covid lockdown would explain his so called tiredness when reporting for morning training and lack of punctuality. But good old Ole brushed it under the carpet and no lesson appears to have been learnt.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/man-utd-fear-mason-greenwood-23010284

Compare this to GPC - I used to know a girl that worked in the capacity of cleaner come dogsbody and looked after some of the Rags club owned properties. GPC got to hear about the rumours of Lee Sharpe having late night parties and I was told he turned up unannounced early one day to see the aftermath - there was only 1 winner in that conversation. So it will always happen, but it depends upon your strength of management and it would appear that the Ole regime was a bit of a soft touch.

Most forums including Red Cafe are in pure shock at the depth of potential violence involved and threatened, this should be a wake up to fans and players of all generations that this is the age that this treatment of women has to stop. Listing past similar though often less violent misdemenours across football would take ages, this ladies revelations despite the pathetic words of her own father should herald the beginning of the end of this cycle.

If this is true, especially the cover up from Utd and possibly Southgate etc then they should all go.
If it is true and he has previously been arrested it will come out at some point and bring more pressure on the rights and wrongs of non-disclosure.

Something which needs a higher bar then being able to afford the right lawyer and public image.

As for United covering it up to protect their brand/ asset it’s disgusting but glass houses and all that. I expect most clubs/ businesses do what benefits them the most.

Southgate not really sure why you feel he has an obligation to bring it into the public forum, he is probably legally unable to and also not really his place.

Top story on

Well it looks like he's gonna get what he deserves tbf, a prison sentence.

Top story on The Telegraph now and prominent on Guardian sport.
All the papers seem to have their acts together after a slow start.
The Telegraph had two or three articles last year saying what a great guy Greenwood is. Perhaps they were trying to hide them this morning.

I don’t think it’s just hard for women in that situation. It’s hard for women to walk away from abusers in all walks of life.

Agree. It's not about wanting to keep a footballers lifestyle. Sometimes you can be treated like shit and snarled at and hit by your partner when they earn nothing, but somehow you stay, as it's sometimes the person you've been with for a decade or more. It's easy to blame it being wanting to stay in a nice rich house, but it's not a reality.

What else is there to say until the police make their next move?
I actually think the people took it down because of the minority who where defending him. They where mixed between never want to see him play again, to let’s see what actually legally happens and whether he is found guilty.

It then went into the grey areas of not being guilty in court doesn’t mean they are innocent. They where probably correct to close no doubt high volume of opposing fans reading as well.

Probably the reason it was taken down was on advice from PC Plod. They wouldn’t want stuff like that bandied around if there was going to be a court case.

If it is true and he has previously been arrested it will come out at some point and bring more pressure on the rights and wrongs of non-disclosure.

Something which needs a higher bar then being able to afford the right lawyer and public image.

As for United covering it up to protect their brand/ asset it’s disgusting but glass houses and all that. I expect most clubs/ businesses do what benefits them the most.

Southgate not really sure why you feel he has an obligation to bring it into the public forum, he is probably legally unable to and also not really his place.

The much publicised agreement between Southgate/Utd and Greenwood will come under intense scrutiny and if it comes out he knew about certain allegations and hid behind so called “young player development issues” then he too is a **** and should go.

If…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.