Mason Greenwood released on bail

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope this horrendous situation will really open up a debate around partner rape and domestic violence . As a female it must be hard being male and feeling that your all tared with the same brush ?
I actually don’t think we do all get tarred with the same brush (well we do sometimes but only in “men” jokes in my experience, which are funny and are meant to be stereotypical rather than truthful). We know women don’t think that all men are like ‘this/that’.

Plus there is a minority of domestic violence perpetrators who are women as well, so we know it can work the other way. I work at a school and we do training on a number of things and domestic violence/abuse has been one of them and I remember being surprised at the stats on how many men were victims of domestic violence/abuse at the hands of women.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agree. It's not about wanting to keep a footballers lifestyle. Sometimes you can be treated like shit and snarled at and hit by your partner when they earn nothing, but somehow you stay, as it's sometimes the person you've been with for a decade or more. It's easy to blame it being wanting to stay in a nice rich house, but it's not a reality.
Agreed. It’s not always physical either. Mental abuse can be equally as damaging.

He’s an international with over a hundred games for one of the richest and biggest clubs in the world who’s competed at a level most players never do before he was out of his teens. Obviously he’s paid well for it.

We’re currently in a contract standoff with McAtee because the club offered him - with zero professional - £8k a week and he wants £16k a week.

That’s over £4m virtually guaranteed.

Its the business they’re in.
Whatever business you're in I hope it's not the accountancy or finance business. £8k a week is £400k a year. ;-)

I don’t think it’s just hard for women in that situation. It’s hard for women to walk away from abusers in all walks of life.

It is, definitely.

But Women who are married or are going out with the rich and famous struggle to detach themselves form the life, lifestyle, and circle they live in. Walking away from nothing leaves nothing. Walking away from a life with everything is harder, especially when you're a young and impressionable women who has everything a young women could wish for like money, clothes, fashion, jewellery, cars, houses, night outs, fame(social media) etc. I'm not saying that is her motivation to stay with Greenwood, but walking away from all of that for anyone, never mind a young women, is hard. Hopefully she will realise there is more to life than all of that and the trappings of living with a (ex) PL footballer.

The much publicised agreement between Southgate/Utd and Greenwood will come under intense scrutiny and if it comes out he knew about certain allegations and hid behind so called “young player development issues” then he too is a **** and should go.

If…

I disagree you are asking too much of someone, especially as you know no details.

It may be Southgate who has refused to work with him.

I’ll ask you a question, do you think Pep knew that Mendy was being investigated for rape prior to him being officially charged?

If so, do you think he should go?

For the record, I think he will have done but both him and Mendy would be employees of City. The decision was made by City at not him. I think City as a club should have suspended from the time of the arrest. However, I am not privy to the full details they have, the employment law aspect and other factors City had when making the decision for him to carry on training/ playing until officially charged.

Yeah possibly. You hear that said a lot about giving kids too much too soon etc, there's logic to it but the vast majority of us haven't experienced it and have no real way of knowing it's impact. For me, it's just an excuse, there's plenty of footballers who are not cunts, there's even plenty that a thoroughly decent people. The money and fame probably gives them a sense of entitlement which makes a much more dangerous combination but a **** is and always will be a **** regardless in my eyes, and it appears he's one of the biggest around.
Quiz time:

Can you identify this guy and what he said when Man United went to visit him in Rome?
View attachment 35494

Answers on a postcard to the usual address.
That’s king of Paedo’s, isn’t it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.