Mason Greenwood released on bail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbf, I didn’t see many posts on there defending Greenwood. Guessing they pulled it as it’s now a criminal investigation. This thread too will probably have to be locked shortly for the same reason, as with the Mendy case.

Fair enough.

We all know what the Rags are like as a fanbase. They have hardcore of fans who never see anything wrong associated with the club.

The fact that Harriet Robson has made the incidents and actions of Greenwood public on social media should cover BM and every other website that is running with the story and discussing it. This isn't alleged. The proof of what happened is there for everyone to see. Unless she used fake blood coming from her mouth, etc, which I doubt.

Last edited:
I was reading it earlier.

More than 19 out of 20 posts were completely condemning Greenwood and saying the right thing, then every so often you’d get some idiot victim blaming and the staff would ban them. It wasn’t a defence of United thing, it was just classic misogyny.

The vast majority of United fans are as appalled as we are.
I think a few on here are currently guilty of “footballification” over this incident, trying to demonise the club and it’s supporters, tarring them with the same Greenwood brush.
I think most United fans are husbands/partners/brothers/boyfriends/ fathers etc… first, and football comes in way below them in importance, as a result they will rightly condemn the actions of Greenwood, on a human level, the fact he once played for their club is quite frankly redundant at this point in time.

I disagree you are asking too much of someone, especially as you know no details.

It may be Southgate who has refused to work with him.

I’ll ask you a question, do you think Pep knew that Mendy was being investigated for rape prior to him being officially charged?

If so, do you think he should go?

For the record, I think he will have done but both him and Mendy would be employees of City. The decision was made by City at not him. I think City as a club should have suspended from the time of the arrest. However, I am not privy to the full details they have, the employment law aspect and other factors City had when making the decision for him to carry on training/ playing until officially charged.
The first Mendy incident involved lockdown parties at his home and was in October 2020. It was widely known at the time but perhaps the club didn't know the full details. But he continued to have lockdown parties and no action was apparently taken by the club till the later rape allegations came out. Hopefully we will find out what happened when the court case happens.

If it goes to Court, which I doubt, as the pressure on Harriet Robson will be immense, Greenwood will have the best Lawyers PL wages can buy.
Unfortunately the British legal system will enable him to walk free Money talks

Fair enough.

We all know what the Rags are like as a fanbase. They have hard core of fans who never see anything wrong associated with the club.

The fact that Harriet Robson has made the incidents and actions of Greenwood public on social media should cover BM and every other website that is running with the story and discussing it. This isn't alleged. The proof of what happened is there for everyone to see. Unless she used fake blood coming from her mouth, etc, which I doubt.
It was on their website nearly all day and as I said in my last reply, nearly everyone was completely condemning Greenwood and want him sacked.

Many were also questioning the club’s knowledge of it and some were even talking about the Ronaldo story. Redcafe has a lot of sensible people who discuss things on there.

Unfortunately as ever there were a few trolls and the staff obviously got sick of policing it.

I think a few on here are currently guilty of “footballification” over this incident, trying to demonise the club and it’s supporters, tarring them with the same Greenwood brush.
I think most United fans are husbands/partners/brothers/boyfriends/ fathers etc… first, and football comes in way below them in importance, as a result they will rightly condemn the actions of Greenwood, on a human level, the fact he once played for their club is quite frankly redundant at this point in time.
Very true… United fans have recently tried to use the Mendy case to attack City too, when what that **** allegedly has done isn’t anything to do with City fans. I’ve even had United fans try and use Adam Johnson and Robinho as banter to City fans, when both were long gone from the club when they committed their heinous crimes. It’s the levels of tribalism in football that let things get silly.

Unless there’s further evidence that says otherwise, this is a Mason Greenwood issue and not the fault of United or United fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.