Match Day: Aston Villa v. Manchester City FC

Yaya has been okay.

I think we have to go for it. I would rather we make an attacking sub, give it a go and lose 3-0, then being cautious and losing 1-0.

Villa will be like an army in the 2nd. Defend whilst try and catch us on the break. When United made those attacking changes earlier in the season, they scored 2 goals.

I would say AJ on for Barry.

TaylorWill07 said:
FantasyIreland said:
Both fullbacks much better today,that's the positive.
This game is displaying our obvious weakness - Pace - we simply do not play with any,in order to get the best out of Tev and Dzeko,a 442 formation,with fast wingers must be used.
Playing Barry,Yaya and DJ together is not working,they are far too predictable and similar as a trio which makes the team unbalanced and slow.

im sorry mate but boatang has been quite poor to be honest, however kolarov has had a very good game.

I agree, Why isn't Zab playing. Boatent hasn't been the player we expected since the cross he put in against Valencia

Fucking shit, Tevez is crap. we should have sold him when he wanted out.
Dzeko was a waste of money, he has done NOTHING since he get here
Barry is too fat
Jo Hart has turned shit and should be swapped for given
Silva can fuck off back to spain for me.

And as for Mancini, not a clue, i really think its time for him to move on because he cant do the job.

not good enough!!!!! fact!!!!!

;)

wanderer72 said:
Bombo said:
Utter garbage de Jong, ya ya and Barry all in each others way too narrow, tevez and silva in each others way as well, no service to dzeko again no width, and boateng I'm sorry but zab or Richards for me over him every time. We need 4-4-2 in this game Barry off for Johnson and change the formation

Why is Tevez going so far back to pick up the ball, is this a part of the tactics or he just runs after it like a headless chicken tonight?

As for the others, Silva invisible, Dzeko can hardly do anything alone up front surrounded by 5 players, not getting serviced, defense extremely nervous, Hart I actually think quite good though unlucky goal (he's no Superman, nobody is), Kolarov excellent...

Wonder what changes will be brought forward, but something needs to happen here, and fast!

He's done this all season.

I think we will do it today but it begs the question long term whether our midfield is going to be world class.

When we're backs to the wall there is non better than de jong but he struggles to link up with the attack. We have missed Yaya's mad runs, hopefully he will crank it up second half.

C'mon the Blues

For me Kolarov and Boateng have been Stellar.
Silva and Yaya are off their game
Barry was poor early but got better
De Jong, Hart and Vinnie have been consistent
Teves is playing too deep. And he is slowing things down, He should move up a bit
Dzeko isn't getting good support.
Kolo should stop dallying on the ball. Just pass it to the next open guy. He is not a midfielder. Stop acting like one.

keep the 11, they just need to increase speed of play.

Come on boys!!!

With the energy Villa have in midfield I cant see us scoring from open play. It'll either be a scrambled goal or a set piece.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.