Match of the Day

just like every match report or article on us over the last week has done the same. Why should motd be any different?<br /><br />-- Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:48 am --<br /><br />
laserblue said:
Don't fret people. Pigeonho will be along soon to explain everything.

hahahaha

rag wank-fest on football focus (focus my arse) before the Derby left me fuming and now on MOTD. Comments about the ribbons, City fans heartbroken, surrendered the title, Des' comments: some might say......etc etc......

They have their opportunity tonight to give credit but to rub our noses in it after our 'highlights' - totally unprofessional. I won't be watching tonight or ever again. Bad enough with all the cringe worthy creaming on ITV.

The sheikh will be all over this like a rash. Stage 2 of the plan will be to infiltrate the media and the FA.

Stage 3, UEFA and the refs.

The world will be mine Muahahahaahhaha.

Stopped watching it about 4 months ago. It's dull, lifeless, same old same old analysis, shit pundits with a limited knowledge, stupid little puns by Lineker, needs a big shake up as its been the same old format for decades. For some reason they still think what was great in the 70's is still a great format today. We've moved and it's about time they got some decent commentators and analysts. They've got Fergurson back on board (shame on them for allowing him to dictate to them) and now they're not about to upset him ever again.

The flip-side of this obsession with Man Utd is that when they don't do well, questions get asked.

It can work both ways

Don't know why everyone gets the hump ! I just don't give a flying f**k about that lot from Stretford so it doesn't matter !!! Simple,s

Re: MOTD

RandomJ said:
How nice of them to turn the analysis of our game vs west Ham into a United wankathon.

On one R5 sports report this morning The Dippers get top billing and the silly moo reader finishes off with a list of 'other' PL teams who also had wins. We weren't mentioned! The omission was rectified in the next bulletin.

On QoS on Friday they had Souness as a guest. Video clip of Souness was followed by the question: And who is Graeme scoring against? Answers on the back of a 2d blue!

The Beeb never miss a trick of inflating anything red and deflating anything blue.

Just watched Sky's goals on Sunday and what a refreshing change it makes. Chris Kamara praising the way we play football, even said this is how England should play whilst describing the first goal from Hart's throw out culminating in 16 passes with excellent movement full of short passes that you think are not really hurting West Ham and then suddenly we're inside the box and it's a goal. Kamara, Rickie Lambert and Grant Holt really praising Aguero's movement and Yaya's presence on the pitch and how he can do almost everything with ease. Completely different approach to BBC's MOTD.

Someone tweeted a link to this from 1993, saying it might explain why the BBC love the rags so much. Twenty years ago I know, but it's more fuel to the agenda fire ;-)

And yes, I realise that they won't have that stock holding now.

UK: BBC SCORES - MANCHESTER UNITED.

It wasn't just the 40,700 fans at Old Trafford who cheered the Red Devils - as they are sometimes admiringly known - after winning their first league championship for 26 years. All BBC pensioners, past and future (the latter presumably now including director-general John Birt among their number), had good reason to feel celebratory. The BBC Pension Fund has a 4.24% stake in Manchester United Football Club, one of only three quoted on the stock market.

As an investment it is pretty small beer - worth £2.4 million after the championship victory when United shares were a record 460p. But when one recalls that a year ago these shares were languishing at 200p, having never recovered from a disastrous stock-market debut, it indicates that there may be some shrewd judges of form, both financial and sporting, among those who provide for BBC employees' final pastures. City and sports pundits are speculating on telephone number sums for the shares with United in the European Cup next season.

They may, of course, prove to be over the moon or sick as parrots but there is no doubt that this shareholding dovetails neatly, and profitably, with the BBC television deal with BSkyB. This gives the two channels exclusive access, though not exclusive acclaim, to Premier League matches.

The higher up a club gets in the league, the more revenue it gains from the television companies. In United's case, it works out at some £850,000 this season, which will percolate through to the bottom line and hoist its share price further. And, of course, the better a club is doing, the more viewers will want to watch it, which brings in more television money, so the BBC gains from larger audiences and from the appreciation in its pension fund assets. Not a bad match really.

http://www.managementtoday.co.uk/news/409021/UK-BBC-SCORES---MANCHESTER-UNITED/?DCMP=ILC-SEARCH

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.