Match of the Day

I think some people are missing the point here. I'm not angry that there was a scum wankfest, it's to be expected they've pissed the title this year, well done to them. This should have been at the start of the show. There is no reason for doing it in place of analysis of a game which had 2 lovely goals and a few other talking points.

Did anyone else notice that they had changed the opening credit sequence?

All season MOTD began with Aguero scoring the goal against QPR with the BBC commentary over it. Then the famous anthem began.

Last night it began with an aerial shot of the Etihad, then jumped to the usual credit sequence minus the Aguero goal. This edit was made to slot in footage of United celebrating against Villa.

As far as I am aware, the Champions are still the Champions until the trophy is raised by the new Champions. This was alluded to by Lineker in his reference to the fact that the trophy in the studio was still adorned with blue and white ribbons.

This edit to the opening sequence was the start of the shameless, and agenda-driven, fawning over United. It has become the default for the BBC which also explains why they leapt into analysis of United immediately after the City game. It also sheds light on why they had 'expert pundit' Phil Neville in the studio.

In truth, we may be shocked by MOTD's coverage but none of us are surprised. Not really.

MOTD has become a distraction at best. Vacuous presenters, terrified of expressing a genuine opinion that doesn't tow the BBC party line, with little or no insightful analysis. With the access to highlights that we have elsewhere (Sky, ESPN app, countless websites), MOTD is no longer essential viewing. I tend to watch it about once per month now. And only if there is nothing else worth lifting the remote control for.

Let them have their little United love-in. Who cares? I mean, really, who cares?

Aye, thought that myself. Loved it when they were showing De Gea's saves, if they'd have rolled on 5 seconds more we would of seen Yaya burying it in the net.

What I would say about MOTD is that whilst we as City fans might say it's not a patch on Sky, shit pundits, who really cares etc. The truth is that if I look at my wider family (mine and my wife's) we are the only ones who are regularly match going fans and hold this opinion. There are others within our family who support the Rags/Oxford and The Rags/Liverpool/The Rags/Stockport/The Rags and not one of them goes apart from my nephew who has Oxford (lives there)as his first team and The Rags as his second and yet I can guarantee that all of them watch MOTD with a fervour and hang on its every word. I still see MOTD as having a great deal of influence amongst the public especially those who do not follow a particular club with any passion.

Blue2112 said:
Just watched Sky's goals on Sunday and what a refreshing change it makes. Chris Kamara praising the way we play football, even said this is how England should play whilst describing the first goal from Hart's throw out culminating in 16 passes with excellent movement full of short passes that you think are not really hurting West Ham and then suddenly we're inside the box and it's a goal. Kamara, Rickie Lambert and Grant Holt really praising Aguero's movement and Yaya's presence on the pitch and how he can do almost everything with ease. Completely different approach to BBC's MOTD.

Prof,

GoS is a better programme than MotD. Kamara is always even handed about City, his analysis of the Aguero goal was what that goal deserved and the sort of review it should have had on MotD. As fine a team goal as you could wish to see.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.