Match Tickets - 2021/22

And when doing my renewal by phone this week the 2.5 hour phone call to 0161- 444 1894 cost £13! Thank you City.
I’ve just had my phone bill from Virgin Media for being on hold for the ticket office about my season ticket, and the calls to them cost me 19 bleeding quid! I checked with VM as I have talk anytime and I have to hang up after 59 minutes for free calls. I was on hold twice, both times for over two hours. Admittedly, I gave up on the first call as I had work to do, but even so, the ticket office is a shambles.

I’ve just had my phone bill from Virgin Media for being on hold for the ticket office about my season ticket, and the calls to them cost me 19 bleeding quid! I checked with VM as I have talk anytime and I have to hang up after 59 minutes for free calls. I was on hold twice, both times for over two hours. Admittedly, I gave up on the first call as I had work to do, but even so, the ticket office is a shambles.
Like you are going to hang up and start at the back of the queue again
Joke.

MOBILE TICKETS​

The Club will be introducing mobile ticketing for all matches at the Etihad Stadium for the 2021/22 season.

This follows its successful trial at the Etihad Stadium at the Club’s final match of the 2020/21 season.

Further information about mobile ticketing will follow in due course.

MOBILE TICKETS​

The Club will be introducing mobile ticketing for all matches at the Etihad Stadium for the 2021/22 season.

This follows its successful trial at the Etihad Stadium at the Club’s final match of the 2020/21 season.

Further information about mobile ticketing will follow in due course.

We are truly in an Orwellian world. It took me 90 minutes to enter the stadium for the Everton trial match and I had a digital ticket. It was attended by 10,000 fans and was a total shambles. In fact they had to open the gates and just let people in with no checks. As a result many just strolled in without any tickets, despite the Covid regulations. Anyone who works on the staff will know this is true so why are City publishing fake news? The trial was not a success it was a fiasco.

We are truly in an Orwellian world. It took me 90 minutes to enter the stadium for the Everton trial match and I had a digital ticket. It was attended by 10,000 fans and was a total shambles. In fact they had to open the gates and just let people in with no checks. As a result many just strolled in without any tickets, despite the Covid regulations. Anyone who works on the staff will know this is true so why are City publishing fake news? The trial was not a success it was a fiasco.
A load of 'yes people' more bothered about getting a promotion than being honest.

A load of 'yes people' more bothered about getting a promotion than being honest.
I know what I witnessed and it has been backed up by what I have been told by people who work at the club. Putting out communications like this is an insult to us all. Personally I am 100 per cent in favour of going down the digital route but the club needs to get the technology right and explain it properly to fans.

I know what I witnessed and it has been backed up by what I have been told by people who work at the club. Putting out communications like this is an insult to us all. Personally I am 100 per cent in favour of going down the digital route but the club needs to get the technology right and explain it properly to fans.
The technology is one thing but the only way to see if it actually works is by stress testing, and in City's case that is by using it for an actual event. They can simulate hundreds of people arriving around the same time, but they can't simulate the various different devices, phone cases, card clashes, people holding the phone to the wrong place etc.

I'm quite savvy with technology because I work in IT but even I made a mistake with a GPay purchase this morning. It got bounced because - I assume - I was not holding the phone to the right place, I was about 1/2 inch too low, NFC has to be quite close to the reader to work for security reasons.

It'll be difficult at first but the club and the users will get better at it over time.

Alternatively it was a success because it brought to light problems that needed to be fixed ahead of the new season.
Yes, a successful trial is one that brings up snags to fix. Iv'e done trials that look great but miss snags and are a shambles when used in a fully implemented situation. A trial that has one snag can cause a complete breakdown of the system but have a vey simple fix.

Alternatively it was a success because it brought to light problems that needed to be fixed ahead of the new season.
They won't have a clue if problems are ironed out until the first home game, and how do they know about what went wrong when stewards were buzzing people through if it didn't work?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.