Matchday "safety" changes

2czrjua.png

here's another great contribution
arriving TO the Etihad?
I suppose pedestrians could always turn left onto Sport City Way and get out onto New Viaduct Street as shown on the map.
Don't try it though - they've made it up.

What a strange thing to think.

Obviously there have been many complaints about not only the safety of pedestrians, but about congestion around the ground also. The masses that currently leave gate 1 are the reason for the traffic congestion as the traffic lights are turned off for a period after the match to enable pedestrians safe transit across to Briscoe. By asking them to leave by gate two enables many of the cars to leave from Gate 1 and start heading North without much disruption.

Apart from the disruption when the pedestrians coming through gate 2 for Bradford Road then cross in front of all the cars leaving gate 1 - and having had to walk five minutes longer because of those cars and their selfish drivers they will not be in a good mood.

The safety issue arises as many pedestrians find it acceptable to walk in front of moving cars trying to get out of the carparks. This solution is looking to segregate cars and pedestrians which for me is a win win.

This is an initiative the club have come up with after addressing complaints, but the onus is on the pedestrians to make it work

Pedestrians walking in front of moving cars in the car parks are probably drivers heading for their cars. Just stop moving and let them pass. It's an initiative to please drivers complaining about delays. Wait till they get the complaints from the thousands of pissed-off pedestrians, especially if it's pissing down.

Apart from the disruption when the pedestrians coming through gate 2 for Bradford Road then cross in front of all the cars leaving gate 1 - and having had to walk five minutes longer because of those cars and their selfish drivers they will not be in a good mood.

Pedestrians walking in front of moving cars in the car parks are probably drivers heading for their cars. Just stop moving and let them pass. It's an initiative to please drivers complaining about delays. Wait till they get the complaints from the thousands of pissed-off pedestrians, especially if it's pissing down.

LMFAO

Incidentally the map is so wrong.it suggests there is an exit onto New Viaduct Street. I hope they have built a bridge over the railway line because it would speed exit times even more.(but I doubt it).

Last edited:
As I've never been stupid enough to try and drive to a football match I don't even know what bit 'gate 1' is. So I'll probably be staggering around confused later after a couple of shandies and 5 quid watered down heinekens.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.