Matchday "safety" changes

I'm actually unsure how this is going to improve safety after the match. Surely all its doing is moving the problem of people getting across a couple of hundred yards down the road? At the moment you walk down JMW and there are about a dozen stewards who alternately stop people / traffic to ensure that it is safe for both parties. I'm assuming that they wont be there and now and they are relying on people crossing the road at the traffic lights at the bottom? That isn't going to happen as those walking will naturally start to diagonally cross over as they are walking down towards the lights. The issue now is that drivers who come out of the car parks will be accelerating to get through the lights while they are on green. Is it just being done to avoid paying those dozen or stewards to stand there for half an hour extra after the match?

What a strange thing to think.

Obviously there have been many complaints about not only the safety of pedestrians, but about congestion around the ground also. The masses that currently leave gate 1 are the reason for the traffic congestion as the traffic lights are turned off for a period after the match to enable pedestrians safe transit across to Briscoe. By asking them to leave by gate two enables many of the cars to leave from Gate 1 and start heading North without much disruption.

The safety issue arises as many pedestrians find it acceptable to walk in front of moving cars trying to get out of the carparks. This solution is looking to segregate cars and pedestrians which for me is a win win.

This is an initiative the club have come up with after addressing complaints, but the onus is on the pedestrians to make it work

Great contribution
2czrjua.png

here's another great contribution
2pte60z.png

arriving TO the Etihad?

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.