Mateo Kovacic

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's technically perfect, can withstand a lot of pressure on the ball.

I'd say he carries little end product in terms of goals, although he is capable of a real banger.

For me, it's smart business because he will give us two or three good years and then we can go again.

There will be little drop off, certainly in terms of keeping the ball and moving through the lines, added to the fact he has won big at big clubs.

£30m these days doesn't even get you McTominay.

Tolm, respect everything you say as you clearly have a great knowledge of the game but Gundo is so underrated it’s crazy. The big game goals he has scored for us, his football brain and I’m sure he is a lot more respected in the changing room than most believe. His knack of scoring them important goals at the far post (reminds me a lot of Dave in some ways), I just don’t see that in Kovacic (if he is indeed the replacement most are assuming). Don’t get me wrong, Kovacic is no mug but I see a very different player to Gundo. If Pep brings him in then I can’t wait to see how he uses him.
Enjoy reading your posts, keep them coming pal.

A largely unexciting signing but one that makes sense.

If Gundo leaves Kova covers a lot of the qualities that Gundo brought to the team except hes not even remotely as effective going forward. We've relied massively on Ilkay in the run in and we'll miss that output from midfield(which Bellingham would have brought).

Harsh on McTominay who is a Scotland legend. Pep has shown how he can transform/reinvent players and Kovacic should be no different. His lack of goals is not an issue…..He’s leaving a shit Chelsea team…and will flourish at City.

There’s no reason to think that Kovacic is a replacement for Gundo. We’ve been ridiculously lucky with injuries this year, Kov can cover any of our midfielders including Rodri. He’s not coming in and demanding to be first choice, he’ll be happy to fight for a place and he’s a champions league winning baller. Gives us depth and allows for a younger signing to come in to eventually replace one of the outgoing midfielders with relatively little pressure

Harsh on McTominay who is a Scotland legend. Pep has shown how he can transform/reinvent players and Kovacic should be no different. His lack of goals is not an issue…..He’s leaving a shit Chelsea team…and will flourish at City.
Harsh on McTominay? He’s the biggest pile of shite the premier league has ever seen!

Hmmm £50 mill don’t think so £25 mill tops or move on,Chelsea desperate to recoup as much as they can if he’s £50 mill then what are they looking for mount £75-80 mill..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.