Matija Nastasic

Neville Kneville said:
dasblues said:
Shaelumstash said:
You sure you're not getting Sunday League and the Premier League mixed up? Can't remember much last ditch lunging and fighting from the likes of Baresi, Maldini, Cannavaro, and Nesta, and they're the 4 best defenders of the last 25 years. In the real world at the top level, not on computer games or Hough End.

Game set and match

Was I mistaken or did I see Nastasic 'lunge' at the ball & fail to connect properly having to rely on the keeper to bail him out ?

That's what happens in the real world & indeed has happened to all of the players you list especially Nesta who was absolutely brilliant at last ditch defending.

The idea that top defenders can get by just swanning around without having to get stuck in, is fucking ridiculous.

No one player is perfect otherwise every shot would be a goal and every tackle would be succesful, every cross and pass would find its target and every clearance would be to one of your players so of course a certain amount of last ditch defending is obviously neccessary for any defender but a player can limit this by reading the game well and thats what nastasic does very well, he limits his last ditch defending by being positionally aware but if he has to make a block or a tackle thats in his arsenal as well

Neville Kneville said:
Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
Shaelumstash said:
I'm astounded by these two comments, I thought he was absolutely brilliant yesterday. Especially in the first half, his positioning and composure were superb. Out of the 5 lads I went to the game with, 3 thought he was MOTM.

I'd agree with them also - was brilliant watching him from behind the goal in the first half, the way he reads the game is very very special, whats more exciting is Kompany being less relied upon, you don't see many centre backs bombing forward at 1 up in the first half of games, this to me is a vinny having total trust in the kid!!!

-- Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:23 pm --

Neville Kneville said:
I thought he did some of the things I have been asking for, with some real grafting defending, & was having a great game except for one ghastly mistake when he let Ba run behind him, but as the game went on he satrted to lose it more & more by the end had pretty much caved in.

Only to be expected from a promising young kid learning his trade, which is what he realistically is at this time, as opposed to the reincarnation of Bobby Moore some are claiming.

Lescott was like his Dad when he came on, so much stronger in the air, & just better at stonewall defending. Terrible mistake if we let him go at this time. Too early to be relying on a young kid.

Hilarity comes in many forms

Every player in light blue was dead on there feet from 65/70 mins on yet you analyse this kid, because you disagree with peoples observations, as caving in - priceless and somewhat delusional!!!!

No, I base it on the fact that he sometimes struggles when he has a player on him & isn't as strong as Lescott in those situations. When Chelsea went to 2 up front, he wasn't very good & suddenly Vinny looked less confident.

In the first half, I agree with your assessment apart from when he let Ba run off him, which he did again 2nd half.

When Chelsea went two up top for all of 30 seconds before they scored you mean??? The goal merely pumped them up further and they were able to run through a city midfield that was non existent the last 20/25 mins, the barrage the city defence got was out of character yet handled oh and the last ditch save you alluded to which 'bailed' Nasty out would of been a clear shot on goal without the kids touch, guess its what you choose to see!!!!!

mancboy123 said:
Neville Kneville said:
dasblues said:
Game set and match

Was I mistaken or did I see Nastasic 'lunge' at the ball & fail to connect properly having to rely on the keeper to bail him out ?

That's what happens in the real world & indeed has happened to all of the players you list especially Nesta who was absolutely brilliant at last ditch defending.

The idea that top defenders can get by just swanning around without having to get stuck in, is fucking ridiculous.

No one player is perfect otherwise every shot would be a goal and every tackle would be succesful, every cross and pass would find its target and every clearance would be to one of your players so of course a certain amount of last ditch defending is obviously neccessary for any defender but a player can limit this by reading the game well and thats what nastasic does very well, he limits his last ditch defending by being positionally aware but if he has to make a block or a tackle thats in his arsenal as well

I agree he reads the game very well for a kid but I think he will need to improve on his 'bread & butter' defending if he is going to be the player some are claiming he is already.

He is clever though, so what he lacks physically compared to say Micah Richards, who was much faster & better in the air at the same age, he may learn to make up for with clever use of his body, like John Terry learned to do.

Neville Kneville said:
I'd agree with them also - was brilliant watching him from behind the goal in the first half, the way he reads the game is very very special, whats more exciting is Kompany being less relied upon, you don't see many centre backs bombing forward at 1 up in the first half of games, this to me is a vinny having total trust in the kid!!!

-- Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:23 pm --

Hilarity comes in many forms

Every player in light blue was dead on there feet from 65/70 mins on yet you analyse this kid, because you disagree with peoples observations, as caving in - priceless and somewhat delusional!!!!

No, I base it on the fact that he sometimes struggles when he has a player on him & isn't as strong as Lescott in those situations. When Chelsea went to 2 up front, he wasn't very good & suddenly Vinny looked less confident.

In the first half, I agree with your assessment apart from when he let Ba run off him, which he did again 2nd half.

When Chelsea went two up top for all of 30 seconds before they scored you mean??? The goal merely pumped them up further and they were able to run through a city midfield that was non existent the last 20/25 mins, the barrage the city defence got was out of character yet handled oh and the last ditch save you alluded to which 'bailed' Nasty out would of been a clear shot on goal without the kids touch, guess its what you choose to see!!!!!

The point I made about the last ditch touch was in reply to various fantasists who believe that Nastasic can go through his career without having to make such challenges, because he's so cool. It's bollocks. He will have to make hundreds of them.

And I stand by my point, that he was playing very well indeed earlier but wasn't very good at all later in the game. It's all part of the learning curve & he may have to do it at the Nou Camp next season, rather than v Chelsea, so whatever the reasons behind our defensive problems later in the game, tired midfield, sunspots, global warming, I don't give a fuck, he will have to learn to deal with it if he is to become our No1 cb in the future.

Neville Kneville said:
Neville Kneville said:

The point I made about the last ditch touch was in reply to various fantasists who believe that Nastasic can go through his career without having to make such challenges, because he's so cool. It's bollocks. He will have to make hundreds of them.

And I stand by my point, that he was playing very well indeed earlier but wasn't very good at all later in the game. It's all part of the learning curve & he may have to do it at the Nou Camp next season, rather than v Chelsea, so whatever the reasons behind our defensive problems later in the game, tired midfield, sunspots, global warming, I don't give a fuck, he will have to learn to deal with it if he is to become our No1 cb in the future.

I forget Nev but where was the kids debut again?????

Neville Kneville said:

Owned !! arf !!

Neville Kneville said:

And what happened ?

Neville Kneville said:
Neville Kneville said:

And what happened ?
we lost away to Real Madrid....but we won yesterday.. so your argument is ??

oh yeah.. win or lose lambast the best possible young talent in the prem.

Neville Kneville said:
Neville Kneville said:

And what happened ?

Seriously man this is where you should end it and stop digging - he made a superb debut and to say otherwise hinges on the ridiculous!!!!

Neville Kneville said:
Neville Kneville said:

And what happened ?

Vinnie fucked up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.