Matija Nastasic

I've said previously that he's the best 19 year old Centre Half I've ever seen...but Lescott should have started yesterday with Newcastle's tactics and big men, I thought he was dominated in the air a little. Although still comfortable and confident on the ball, and still had a good game.

From what I saw yesterday he did well enough, can certainly improve when it comes to the more physical side of the game. I can't remember any 'big' tackle he's made to save us thats made me stand up like Kompany seems to do every game but these are things you learn over time.

He is full of potential, he doesn't make any glaring mistakes unlike most youngsters and his form is consistant. It's a very good foundation on which to build on, he can certainly become an amazing centre back if we give him the time (which we seem to be) to blossom.

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
Rammy Blue said:
I think people are getting slightly carried away with Nasty.

He is obviously going to be magnificent in years to come but all this "you don't even notice him" isn't exactly the best of positives - compare the guy to where Vince is at and you soon realise he's got a long way to go yet.

Not in any way slating the guy but I can't recall any crunching tackles or last ditch goal saving challenges as yet in his few performances.

Awful observation, as Mancio said, you pay him the highest compliment!!

He is 3x the player Vinny was at that age!

I understand Mancio's point. It's very difficult to put into words and as I originally said I'm by no means having a pop at the lad nor his potential, it's just that personally I'd have preferred a more dominant centre half next to Vince whilst we bring Nasty through.

Rammy Blue said:

He is obviously going to be magnificent in years to come but all this "you don't even notice him" isn't exactly the best of positives - compare the guy to where Vince is at and you soon realise he's got a long way to go yet.

Not in any way slating the guy but I can't recall any crunching tackles or last ditch goal saving challenges as yet in his few performances.

There's plenty of nonsense written on Bluemoon, but this is just staggering

an old saying,a good defender comes off the pitch with clean shorts.

a good defender doesnt have to dive in,because his positiioning allows him to stand and win the ball,nasty is an out and out defender,playing him against different oppos will only help him,he is an immense talent( not quite a phil jones)vinny and nasty will be the bedrock of our team for many happy years

Rammy Blue said:
Rammy Blue said:

Awful observation, as Mancio said, you pay him the highest compliment!!

He is 3x the player Vinny was at that age!

I understand Mancio's point. It's very difficult to put into words and as I originally said I'm by no means having a pop at the lad nor his potential, it's just that personally I'd have preferred a more dominant centre half next to Vince whilst we bring Nasty through.

He's been brought through and then some, the reason he's standing out is because of this, the lad hasn't even got 50 games under his belt at the top level yet plays like a veteran, players of this ilk come around once in a bluemoon, just enjoy it mate, he'll also surpass any central defender you've seen in a blue shirt!!

sugardubby said:
Couldn't see it posted, but did anyone see MOTD3 (the online thing) on Monday? Michael Owen getting a few sly digs in about Nastasic when he and Hansen had to pick an eleven each from the players that started the derby.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20661695 Starts about 5 minutes in.

New Years Day can't some soon enough, although the bench-warming little turd probably won't play....
All he fucking did was pick united players unless forced. He really is a disgusting piece of shit. The fact that the BBC sees fit to call upon his services speaks volumes about their standards tbh.

Rammy Blue said:

I take it you didn't watch the Real Madrid Home game mate?

MC ID said:
From what I saw yesterday he did well enough, can certainly improve when it comes to the more physical side of the game. I can't remember any 'big' tackle he's made to save us thats made me stand up like Kompany seems to do every game but these are things you learn over time.

He is full of potential, he doesn't make any glaring mistakes unlike most youngsters and his form is consistant. It's a very good foundation on which to build on, he can certainly become an amazing centre back if we give him the time (which we seem to be) to blossom.

Perhaps he reads the game better than most defenders and doesn't need to go diving into last ditch tackles.

But then most British football fans think players are shite if they don't get mud on their shorts

He's been brought through and then some, the reason he's standing out is because of this, the lad hasn't even got 50 games under his belt at the top level yet plays like a veteran, players of this ilk come around once in a bluemoon, just enjoy it mate, he'll also surpass any central defender you've seen in a blue shirt!!

100% agree with this. I am not one for going OTT with youngsters in football because more often than not it doesn't quite work out. But this kid is performing miracles at the moment. He is absolutely our first choice partner of Kompany now because he is a better player Lescott and Toure. The fact he has confidence, maturity and a temperament to match his ability means there is zero risk in playing him week in, week out. Well, no more risk than playing Toure or Lescott anyway, and that's in no way trying to disrespect either of those two.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.