McAtee & Delap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you guarantee either will be anywhere near Foden's level?

Delap has hardly played this year and his injury record is reaching RSC levels.

McAtee needs to sign a contract or he will be sold and rightly so.
He is a brilliant talent and looks like he has the attitude to match.People who have watched him develop are only highlighting this.What do you see as his weakness and where is the overreaction?
I think mcatee is the real and will be quality . A loan could be good for him . As for delap I’m not sure how good he is tbh so he could do with a loan . Leeds would be good for both .

both of these sentences are wildly untrue

OK cool. Can't wait to see Guidetti, Razak, Gomes, Rekik, Lopes, Garcia, Evans, Celina, Angelino, Humprheys, Barker, Roberts, Tosin, Maffeo, Diaz, Nmecha, Muric, Poveda, the other Nmecha, Harwood-Bellis, Doyle, Porro, Moreno, Herrera, Stefanovic, Bazunu, Smith, Huws, Glendon, Rogers, Itakura, Ambrose, Brooks, Nimley, and Jason Denayer break into the first team.

Oh but there was an attacking mid that we bought once who we emergency converted to a left back 5 years ago so I guess that means we have loads of people who go out on loan and come back in to the first team. Like you know, that guy. And that other guy. And the bloke, you know the one.

Loans are the end of your City career. Once you're out, you never get back in.

And fans are madly overrating McAtee

I agree (broadly) with the first sentence. Nothing is ever a permanent rule though.

Second sentence, not so much. I don't know which fans you're referring to, so I can't accurately counter that, but I do personally think McAtee is a very special young talent capable of great things. I think he's better than absolutely loads of young attacking talent we've had over the years. Foden level? Maybe not, but easily as naturally gifted as Palmer, and I think Pep is spot on to have him around the team.

Edit - as an aside, if I recall correctly, I swear you were a big Manu Garcia fan. I seem to remember you thinking he could be world class. As a comparison, I think McAtee is much better at the same age. By some way. Garcia had lovely technique but rarely affected games. McAtee had that, but tonnes of goals and assists. He's incredibly gifted.

OK cool. Can't wait to see Guidetti, Razak, Gomes, Rekik, Lopes, Garcia, Evans, Celina, Angelino, Humprheys, Barker, Roberts, Tosin, Maffeo, Diaz, Nmecha, Muric, Poveda, the other Nmecha, Harwood-Bellis, Doyle, Porro, Moreno, Herrera, Stefanovic, Bazunu, Smith, Huws, Glendon, Rogers, Itakura, Ambrose, Brooks, Nimley, and Jason Denayer break into the first team.

Oh but there was an attacking mid that we bought once who we emergency converted to a left back 5 years ago so I guess that means we have loads of people who go out on loan and come back in to the first team. Like you know, that guy. And that other guy. And the bloke, you know the one.
Some great names. The Club top to bottom now have a defined style that matches the first team and some stability makes the pathway a bit more obvious than some of those we had to lose while making up the ground we wanted/needed too.

Players leaving? - we must be top of the league at the expense of the red shite again. I'm sure tomorrow's rumours will be another ffp investigation, pep leaving etc. Since and repeat, as night follows day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.