McAtee & Delap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit from Wales Online about Swansea’s interest in McAtee and Wilson-Esbrand and a bit that raised an eyebrow. Wonder if we are looking for anything?

‘The Swans have long been admirers of attacker McAtee and have held talks with the 19-year-old's representatives over a potential deal until the end of the 2021/22 season. They also enquired about left-back Wilson-Esbrand prior to the window. However, a recruitment source has told WalesOnline that the reigning Premier League champions are now likely to keep both McAtee and Wilson-Esbrand in their first team squad for the remainder of the campaign - providing that they do not further strengthen their squad imminently.’

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/double-man-city-updates-emerge-22902304

I find our whole stance here to be a bit bewildering. Keeping McAtee for longer while his contract is winding down and he's clearly unhappy at lack of first team football is just a recipe for disaster.

Our aversion to loans/sales with buy backs here doesn't make much sense to me. The priority has to be keeping McAtee at the club long term.

I find our whole stance here to be a bit bewildering. Keeping McAtee for longer while his contract is winding down and he's clearly unhappy at lack of first team football is just a recipe for disaster.

Our aversion to loans/sales with buy backs here doesn't make much sense to me. The priority has to be keeping McAtee at the club long term.

We only have ourselves to blame. He played 20 mins or so against Swindon in the FA Cup. I would imagine that really pissed him off. Perfect game to give him 90 minutes.

They'll prob look at sale and buy backs within the last 12 months of his contract, we've sent a few out.

We only have ourselves to blame. He played 20 mins or so against Swindon in the FA Cup. I would imagine that really pissed him off. Perfect game to give him 90 minutes.

Telling young players to be 'patient' is just going to lead to more academy losses. Yes we're a brilliant team but we can't expect young players to want to just train with the first team for 2+ years before getting significant minutes when PL clubs can offer first team football immediately.

We need to take advantage of buyback sales similar to Madrid and Chelsea. It's a system that works.

Telling young players to be 'patient' is just going to lead to more academy losses. Yes we're a brilliant team but we can't expect young players to want to just train with the first team for 2+ years before getting significant minutes when PL clubs can offer first team football immediately.

We need to take advantage of buyback sales similar to Madrid and Chelsea. It's a system that works.
Who did Chelsea buyback?

The championship is a much better league then spl, with difficult fixtures every game and most of the teams are playing for something be it avoiding the drop or sneaking into the playoffs. I honestly don't believe either rangers or celtic with all their resources would get promoted out of that division
They would, trust me.

I watch a lot of SPL and Championship. Rangers and Celtic are obviously a step above everything in Scotland but they’re a step above the bottom 8 teams in the EPL easily.

I’ve also seen plenty of players struggle big time in Scotland and romp it down south not just in the Championship but in the EPL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.