McDonalds struggling

There was a story years ago where someone had accidentally dropped a McDonald's burger behind the fridge and couldn't be arsed to get it. Years later the thing was retrieved and it looked no different from the day it was made. The moral from the story is don't eat their shit food it isn't good for you.

If there was alcohol and drugs, yeah, why not.

People don’t half get snobby over McDonald’s. I doubt anybody goes because of its absolute top quality ingredients.
I might just be lucky with the closest to me here in Spain? Maybe the ones in the U.K. are dogshit, who knows.
It's nothing to do with being snooty, the food is just bloody crap. The bread rolls are cheap and the burgers are cheaper. You go in a pub and burgers are all loads better. Go to an independed fast food place and the burgers are better. They offer this shite because most of their customers don't think about what they are eating.

McDonalds not doing too well at the moment. Blaming it on inflation.

Always been about profit margins over quality.

Can't argue with that.

The current policy seems to be getting the cash in and we might serve your food within 30 mins after of you're lucky.

It's not a quick eats place.

McDonalds food is absolutely shit, Plus you'd need about 6 meals out of it to fill a hole in your tooth!

It used to be a place were you'd pop into to eat along the way with a cheap burger, It's fucking expensive now, You'd get a Sunday Carvery for fucking less.

Inside is always filthy and full of twats, I'm not a snooty **** I'm far from it, The dirty bastards clean every single table with the fucking cloth and that turns my stomach.

If there was alcohol and drugs, yeah, why not.

People don’t half get snobby over McDonald’s. I doubt anybody goes because of its absolute top quality ingredients.
I might just be lucky with the closest to me here in Spain? Maybe the ones in the U.K. are dogshit, who knows.
Most franchised businesses are shite.

The only reason I’d go to McD’s is if I didn’t know an area and didn’t have time to Google where's best to eat round there. You know what you’re getting at McD’s.

I’ve been twice in 25 years.

I try to avoid as many chain restaurants as I can and eat at local places. If I’d got limited time, I’d grab a meal deal over McD’s.

Can't argue with that.

The current policy seems to be getting the cash in and we might serve your food within 30 mins after of you're lucky.

It's not a quick eats place.
Passed 2 McD's on the way to work this morning and neither of them was busy. The first one looked empty inside, and there was only a single car in the drive-through. 5 years ago they would have been pretty busy this time of the morning.

Executives must be panicking right now...

I know there are some older folks who never liked and never will like McDonalds, which is fair enough. But there’s no doubt things have gone downhill for them, and there’s a few different drivers.

The CEO that has been in place since 2019 has been pivoting McDonalds towards a more “luxury” price point. In some regions like the US, this means that prices have increased by 40-50% in 5 years. This is total folly, people don’t go for McDonalds for the experience, they go because it is cheap and cheerful and convenient. If it costs the same as buying a burger at an actual restaurant, then people are just not going to go.

Secondly, because of the reputation that they gained from accelerating the obesity crisis - the Supersize Me era - they have also pivoted to a more “health-oriented” stance. What it has meant in practice is that they have quite factually made their products “healthier” (e.g. as of this year most Happy Meals are no longer classed as high in fat, salt and sugars).

But this is only ever going to be faux healthy. If you want a healthy balanced meal you don’t go to McDonalds.

So now they find themselves in this awkward half-space. Expensive products that don’t justify the price paid. Food with token efforts to be health conscious that have made the product inferior.

They are basically trying to be everything except what they are. Which is a cheap junk food outlet. Maybe it will succeed in the long run but I am sceptical. Price increases basically explain their entire business growth and more over the last 5 years and those aren’t sustainable.
I remember when they first came out in the UK, I used to spend a couple of weeks every summer in London with a friend. His mother would take us to one of the two and they were the best burgers I’d ever eaten, along with the best milkshakes. They have gone down hill since those early days which were definitely not about cheap junk food.

Most franchised businesses are shite.

The only reason I’d go to McD’s is if I didn’t know an area and didn’t have time to Google where's best to eat round there. You know what you’re getting at McD’s.

I’ve been twice in 25 years.

I try to avoid as many chain restaurants as I can and eat at local places. If I’d got limited time, I’d grab a meal deal over McD’s.
I order one to my house when I’m rough and can’t be arsed moving.
Works for me.
Would I go to McDonald’s if I was out and about? No. Each to their own.

I remember when they first came out in the UK, I used to spend a couple of weeks every summer in London with a friend. His mother would take us to one of the two and they were the best burgers I’d ever eaten, along with the best milkshakes. They have gone down hill since those early days which were definitely not about cheap junk food.
The 'quality' used to be fairly standard wherever you went, but it's so hit and miss these days.

I rarely eat there at all, except perhaps on a long road trip if I'm desperate, of if it's getting late and I haven't eaten. I almost always regret it afterwards.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.