Media Discussion - 2023/24

In fairness, Southgate only played Trent for about 30 mins in the World Cup in Qatar, so clearly he's not that bothered about having to play him.

Obviously he has given him a go in midfield yesterday, and there are plenty of arguments you can make about whether he should continue with that or try Gallagher, Wharton etc.

But if hes prepared to try things like that out, I don't get why you wouldn't try Bellingham a bit further back and give Phil a go centrally. Bellingham, like him or not, is a brilliant player and if Southgate wasn't so concerned with being overly defensive, he could try and give England a bit more of an attacking mentality and play Palmer/Saka - Foden - Gordon behind Kane

Bang on, he is obsessed with someone defensive being next to Rice. It is crazy. All I have heard all season is how amazing Rice is and worth every penny. Why is he unable to hold on his own? Bellingham would still chip in as he can go box to box very easily and allow our best number 10 in Foden to play that role. It seems every tournament we can all see the issues, yet that gorp doesn't.

I’d be happy if Phil never kicked a ball again in this tournament
Let’s be honest England aren’t going deep, so he can train,rest up, watch the clown show evolve from the sidelines, and not be the media’s whipping boy
Agree.
Besides, I couldn't root for a team including Bellendingham, Arnold, or any average player overhyped by the anti-City media. Southgate is complicit in turning this side into the "Bellingham Team" the cartel punditry love. fuck 'em.

Yes play Gordon on the left Foden behind Kane and Rice Bellingham behind. Bellingham box to box
That would seem an exciting, attacking team.
But, now Bellingham has scored the first English goal of the tournament, there is no way anyone else will get the #10 shirt.
I agree Bellingham is an excellent player, but he is an egotist who will demand to get the captaincy very soon.
Southgate will be shit-scared of Bellingham and Phil will have to stay wide on the left if he is selected.
A bigger problem for England will be Harry Kane's attitude to Bellingham ?
"King" Harry is no longer golden bollocks in the team, or with the media...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.