Media Discussion - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Note Pep, very cleverly done.
Bearing in mind this shitstain wrongly and disgracefully accused British soldiers of murder and torture, causing more suffering for them, I dont expect an honest and truthful account.....which is why I won't be listening.

Oh and he allowed journos to illegally hack phones. Wanker.
British soldiers have been guilty of this type of conduct since Christ was a child. So hardly fault him for that comment.

The optimist in me hopes City have been on to Murdoch's lot saying that we will sue them to within an inch of their lives over Aluko's comments, unless they get their most prominent broadcaster (Morgan) to put out something positive by the end of the week. But I'm not that deluded.

The optimist in me hopes City have been on to Murdoch's lot saying that we will sue them to within an inch of their lives over Aluko's comments, unless they get their most prominent broadcaster (Morgan) to put out something positive by the end of the week. But I'm not that deluded.

Eni Aluko: "Richarlison has 19 goals in 40 games, you do the math that's a goal a game"

I succumbed and listened. Stuttering, mumbling, vague innuendo concerning two payments of £15m by a "mystery figure" in 2012. Our defender ? You guessed it David Dein ex-Arsenal Chairman. Morgan ranting.like the Arsenal supporting looney he is. Complete hatchet job as expected.

I succumbed and listened. Stuttering, mumbling, vague innuendo concerning two payments of £15m by a "mystery figure" in 2012. Our defender ? You guessed it David Dein ex-Arsenal Chairman. Morgan ranting.like the Arsenal supporting looney he is. Complete hatchet job as expected.
I watched it as well. On first glance it seems like a pile of shite. A nothing story. David Dein and Isabel Oakeshott defending us was a nice surprise. Matt Lawton appeared to have no idea what he was talking about. Talking about mystery payments in 2012..before FFP even existed in the PL. I thought we had already accepted a £49m fine from UEFA in 2014 for problems in our accounts in the previous four years. Does the PL want to punish us for the same thing twice? The body language and smirks from Morgan suggested that even he doesn't believe this bollocks.

This bizarre feature almost looks like a disguised apology from Talksport where Jordan demolishes Aluko's crazy claims.
But I can't believe any broadcaster would broadcast such wild allegations and then allow someone to repeat the defamatory comments. She clearly has no awareness of media law and the potential risks.
Aluko has claimed on a public forum that she thinks Pep has deliberately engineered a fake £90m bid for Rice to help his pal Arteta. But Pep does not have the authority to launch any bid for a player. He will be consulted on deals but the decision on one this size would have to be sanctioned by Khaldoon or even by Sheikh Mansour.
Her absurd comments accuse Pep of going behind his bosses back in order to help a pal and a commercial rival. That would be a sacking offence in any business. So she has damaged his reputation on a grand scale. This is as defamatory as it gets. It would be a "slam dunk" win for any lawyer and would cost Talksport a huge amount of money. Why Talksport have given her a platform to repeat the defmatory allegations is a mystery.

Oddly enough, I think she's right for all the wrong reasons. She's stumbled on the outcome, but doesn't know why. It's not as if Guardiola makes any phone calls to clubs!

I'm not sure City were totally in on Rice as we have midfielders anyway. I think getting him would have been a bonus only and would have helped us control the mid much easier, so now we're back to great control, not fantastic control.

We know City have form for showing interest in a player that a rival might be into too, so that forces that rival to anxiously drive their bid up to where they didn't want to go and we just walk away and leave them with the bill.

Otherwise we'd just flat out slap a big offer down that no one challenges.

But we didn't do that, did we...?

I watched it as well. On first glance it seems like a pile of shite. A nothing story. David Dein and Isabel Oakeshott defending us was a nice surprise. Matt Lawton appeared to have no idea what he was talking about. Talking about mystery payments in 2012..before FFP even existed in the PL. I thought we had already accepted a £49m fine from UEFA in 2014 for problems in our accounts in the previous four years. Does the PL want to punish us for the same thing twice? The body language and smirks from Morgan suggested that even he doesn't believe this bollocks.
The fine was because City's published accounts were above the losses allowed for FFP (mainly because UEFA moved the goalposts after City had submitted them).

The 2012 issue is suggesting those accounts were dodgy - that our owners paid the club instead of our sponsors.

It was common knowledge that Etisalat paid the money late, but that it was still recorded in the accounts as if paid on time. The 'bombshell' appears to be that it was paid by a "financial broker", which frankly seems less like a 'bombshell' and more like an explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.