Media Discussion - 2023/24

Masters and his pals are finished. The independent regulator bill is going through today. The Everton/Forest shambles is the last act in this farce. The anti-City narrative is a PR strategy but it is only working with the total morons. City are backing the new regulator and a better payout for EFL clubs and the Cartel clubs don’t like it though United have softened their position. A smart move by Ratcliffe who can see the way the wind is blowing.
Someone reported they are being investigated over unpaid tax. If thats true and they end up being found guilty, then I would hope that would put an end to any chance of public funding for the new swamp.

Someone reported they are being investigated over unpaid tax. If thats true and they end up being found guilty, then I would hope that would put an end to any chance of public funding for the new swamp.
I am not sure what happened but the Government originally started investigating United's tax situation a decade ago. It is not clear if anything has been settled privately or if this is still ongoing. I don't think they have paid any significant taxes in the UK for decades. Presumably they pay business rates to Trafford Coucil but, apart from that, they have invested virtually nothing in the local community for decades either.
They have the Manchester United Foundation which is a charity which is independent of the club. This charity, gets a small subsidy from the club, but most of its income comes from fund-raising on the back of the United brand. Nothing wrong with doing this but the fact is that MUFC itself invests virtually nothing in the Greater Manchester area. It is however very good at running PR gimmicks and the media never challenge them.

I am not sure what happened but the Government originally started investigating United's tax situation a decade ago. It is not clear if anything has been settled privately or if this is still ongoing. I don't think they have paid any significant taxes in the UK for decades. Presumably they pay business rates to Trafford Coucil but, apart from that, they have invested virtually nothing in the local community for decades either.
They have the Manchester United Foundation which is a charity which is independent of the club. This charity, gets a small subsidy from the club, but most of its income comes from fund-raising on the back of the United brand. Nothing wrong with doing this but the fact is that MUFC itself invests virtually nothing in the Greater Manchester area. It is however very good at running PR gimmicks and the media never challenge them.
it was still in there annual report going back to 2022.
1710848394809.png

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.