Media discussion - 2024/25

Who are the journalists that folk feel actually support City?
I’m not talking pundits (i.e.ex-players & so on) I’m talking JOURNALISTS who’ve always earned a living working in that environment.
I’d be interested to know who City fans rate or respect in journalism.
I actually find most of the MEN City correspondents to be ok but that doesn't seem to be a popular opinion on here. Stuart Brennan, Simon Bajkowski, most of the stuff I've read from Sam Lee was okay too bar the some of the UEFA charges stuff. They are all City correspondents though, if we are talking general football they are few and far between, can't think of many outside of Martin Sameul. I've noticed inews seems to offer up different stories on City than most outlets. I suppose I don't read many full articles these days though, when standards drop on professionalism(proper research, fact checking, balance, integrity, separating personal bias and feelings where necessary to stick to the facts) expectations will drop over time too.

They really don't seem to care what City fans think of them on the whole, they would rather just point the finger, call us victims/paranoid/unreasonable. Often defending their takes by asserting they would do the same for any other club, when that is pretty measurable, since most of their work is available online... and it's clearly not true at all.

I can’t believe we are openly arguing that if you disagree with someone who is doing their job, they deserve a slap.

Honestly society has taken a big nose dive since Covid. Every other fucker has a chip on their shoulder, and a huge sense of entitlement. Kicking off with a person on a train is also big ‘main character syndrome’ vibes. I’m sure he or she was telling all his mates ‘I’m gonna kick off with that journalist. Watch me!’ before heading over.

Still silence from the bluemoon poster who kicked off on the train, I wonder why.
You're just guessing now without knowing the facts. You're sure he said to his mates "I'm gonna kick off with that journalist' wtf?

That's hardly a well balanced argument built on your subjective POV, ridiculous.

Last edited:
This thread is a bit unhinged.

You're allowed to have gripes with the media coverage City has had over the years - I do too from many of the usual suspects.

But there's levels of outright paranoia in here that I just can't buy into at all. It's all a bit scouse-ish.

he was called out a couple of weeks ago for lying about ederson by edersons wife no less so if he is more than happy to lie about our players it is hardly a stretch to believe that he would be happy to lie about an incident which painted him in a bad light.
Except that wasn't a lie. People on here just wanted it to be. The story he posted was backed up by a number of other City ITK types.

Ederson's wife was covering for her husband.

You know what, why am I even bothering with this thread. I'm out.

I'm not sure Sam Lee even has an account on here. If he did he would know the City fan m.o. on a train is not to offer a guy out, but to wait until he falls asleep and then slap him. The shitbag.
lol the problem with that is you're too old to run away now ;) and im too tired to run anywhere

Except that wasn't a lie. People on here just wanted it to be. The story he posted was backed up by a number of other City ITK types.

So Ederson and his wife are lying? lol

I actually find most of the MEN City correspondents to be ok but that doesn't seem to be a popular opinion on here. Stuart Brennan, Simon Bajkowski, most of the stuff I've read from Sam Lee was okay too bar the some of the UEFA charges stuff. They are all City correspondents though, if we are talking general football they are few and far between, can't think of many outside of Martin Sameul, inews seems to offer up different stories on City than most outlets. I suppose I don't read many full articles these days though, when standards drop on professionalism(proper research, fact checking, balance, integrity, separating personal bias and feelings where necessary to stick to the facts) expectations will drop over time too.

They really don't seem to care what City fans think of them on the whole, they would rather just point the finger, call us victims/paranoid/unreasonable. Often defending their takes by asserting they would do the same for any other club, when that is pretty measurable, since most of their work is available online... and it's clearly not true at all.
That’s a fair, well thought out summing up I think. I’m of similar opinions and if I read an article about City that is talking about our alleged wrong doings I stop reading.
If it’s football ok. However if it goes into the realm of unproven accusations then I stop reading.
When we’ve been put on trial then talk about it but not until.
I just wish they’d get on with it and sort it once and for all.
Whatever happens I support Manchester City football. I don’t understand fully (or even want to) the machinations of finance etc. all I want to see is our team doing well.
Just don’t like the siege mentality we have to adopt. :-)

This thread is a bit unhinged.

You're allowed to have gripes with the media coverage City has had over the years - I do too from many of the usual suspects.

But there's levels of outright paranoia in here that I just can't buy into at all. It's all a bit scouse-ish.

What’s unhinged? Many were pissed off with Sam’s shit-stirring around the CAS hearing & his failure to provide a balanced view. An older sober respectable fan called him out for it & Sam Lee wants to fight him.

Now who’s unhinged?

The blokes a ****, fucking hell even Edersons wife sussed him out.

And the latest twist in the saga involving the Manchester City goalkeeper has seen input from the player’s wife on social media, who has hit back at new claims of discontent over praise issued to Stefan Ortega towards the end of last season.

Responding to a new Instagram post relaying information provided by The Athletic’s Sam Leeon Ederson’s end to the last campaign, Lais Moraes stated, “Get better information first, this is totally fake news.”

You really believe Ederson was upset because his deputy won him the title & was praised for it….. fck me!

That’s a fair well thought out summing up I think. I’m of similar opinions and if I read an article about City that is talking about our alleged wrong doings I stop reading.
If it’s football ok. However if it goes into the realm of unproven accusations then I stop reading.
When we’ve been put on trial then talk about it but not until.
I just wish they’d get on with it and sort it once and for all.
Whatever happens I support Manchester City football. I don’t understand fully (or even want to) the machinations of finance etc. all I want to see is our team doing well.
Just don’t like the siege mentality we have to adopt. :-)
Yep, as sad as it is though, City hate sells and most of them are milking that for all it's worth. They reference the case and possible punishments, how it would spoil anything we win this season etc, as often as possible. Even if it's just to tell us there have been no developments and someone is unhappy about that(just random Arsenal/Liverpool/Everton fans on twitter sometimes). You'd think even those who are indifferent to City would be getting bored of it by now, like an overplayed advert, that was amusing once but they are now sick of. But it appears that's not the case yet, after all the repetition, for however long.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.