Media discussion - 2024/25

Yes, mentioned on Sky that the sub was booked.
Not seen explanation why he was booked before he even got on the pitch ?
Looks like another Arse cover up by Sky.
Arteta is a miniscule mouse of a man and needs to be called out on his refusal to go head-to-head with City...

I think they didn't really know at the time why he was booked. Hard to say they was covering it up. Sky rightly said Doku was playing the ball back to where the free kick was going to be taken. They also didn't show Haaland throwing the ball at Gabriel. A lot went on in that game and most outlets have spoke about it being a good game and trying to dissect certain situations, where to a man I haven't seen anyone say it wasn't a red card. Their tactics have been spoken about as well. I really don't like them, I find them snide and that comes from Arteta downwards. Some would argue though first half they went toe to toe with City and they was leading. We don't know how that second half would have panned out without the red. They carried on attacking first half and could have scored another goal or two. They had the excuse to sit back second half.

It hurts me to say but I must commend the BBC for their piece today highlighting what a bunch of time wasting shithouses the arse really are.
No surprise with such a shithouse manager who as a footballer was also a massive shithouse himself.
Shit club and shit fans to boot!
Just seen it. It's a reasonable piece by Sean Kearns to be fair.

It does explain the cheating tactics Arteta used to get Raya to sit down so.he could have a team talk.

It does also state that Oliver didn't book Raya despite warning him.

It also states that Raya too 9mins 4 seconds to take 12 goal kicks on Sunday, which is just over 45 seconds a goal kick.

But there isn't any PL that gives an exact time that a goal kick has to take place? I always thought it was six seconds after the keeper claimed the ball?

I remember well the grief City got from the media for drawing 0-0 at home to the regs, when they had 1 shot on target in the 90 minutes and we had two! This was, of course, Mancini's fault and not in any way that paragon of attacking football from out of the swamp. And then there was the 0-0 draw at the Emirates which was again entirely Mancini's fault rather than St. Arsene's. The criticism of City went on for days at a hysterical level. Nothing like the brilliant defensive display from Arteta's team on Sunday: why they were so committed to positive football that their manager had to send a substitute to remind their 'keeper to go down because he was in such pain.

It's been a long time since I've seen such a media pile on against a club. You'd think we were Don Revie's Leeds side the way rival fans and media scribblers have all blown their collective gaskets against the only team trying to play football. You have to laugh at threats they will be waiting for us at the Emirates, let's hope it's a bigger turn out than it was a couple of days after the league cup final.
The poor fuckers were "snowed in" hence why the attendance was something like 32K. Didn`t stop us taking a load of fans.

I think they didn't really know at the time why he was booked. Hard to say they was covering it up. Sky rightly said Doku was playing the ball back to where the free kick was going to be taken. They also didn't show Haaland throwing the ball at Gabriel. A lot went on in that game and most outlets have spoke about it being a good game and trying to dissect certain situations, where to a man I haven't seen anyone say it wasn't a red card. Their tactics have been spoken about as well. I really don't like them, I find them snide and that comes from Arteta downwards. Some would argue though first half they went toe to toe with City and they was leading. We don't know how that second half would have panned out without the red. They carried on attacking first half and could have scored another goal or two. They had the excuse to sit back second half.
Agree that Arsenal could have scored with an earlier Gabriel header.
But that was one of the few counter-attacks they had.
I cannot remember an Arsenal team managed by Arteta against City, to play with a real attacking mindset ?
The last game at the Emirates was dull, with Arsenal seeming happy with a point. A lucky deflection won it for them.
If Arsenal win the league this season, Sunday's match will seen as a defensive, tactical masterclass.
But the media said the same last season when they scraped a draw at the Ethiad.
Arsenal can be one of the most entertaining teams to watch.
Against Pep, I feel Arteta is far too defensive (and bends the rules, at every opportunity) and bottles it...

Let's just accept that we are hated by the media in this country.
We all know why, success, our owners, but always remember that Jealousy is one of the 7 deadly sins.

I am used to it now. Does it wind me up? Sometimes but then I try to not let things bother me that I can't control. One of them being the media. I would Never wish an injury on another player. When VVD got a cruciate I didn't praise it I just wished him a speedy recovery. Seeing most of the Arsenal comments on X is a sad inditement of society in general and not just football. There is a fine line in football when it goes from being tribal about your club to being a ****.
Wishing ill on others? You are a ****
Well said SHB and I wish I could give you 10 likes (or should that be licks ? !!) ;)

Agree that Arsenal could have scored with an earlier Gabriel header.
But that was one of the few counter-attacks they had.
I cannot remember an Arsenal team managed by Arteta against City, to play with a real attacking mindset ?
The last game at the Emirates was dull, with Arsenal seeming happy with a point. A lucky deflection won it for them.
If Arsenal win the league this season, Sunday's match will seen as a defensive, tactical masterclass.
But the media said the same last season when they scraped a draw at the Ethiad.
Arsenal can be one of the most entertaining teams to watch.
Against Pep, I feel Arteta is far too defensive (and bends the rules, at every opportunity) and bottles it...
I think they did first half, they had one squared into the box they fired over. My blue tinted goggles off I thought they deserved their lead and was a lot more positive than last year. The red card took away the chance to see how they will have approached that second half. They were also the better side at the Emirates last year, we had one shot on target all game. I think how much they defended last year at our place has set a narrative that doesn't overly exist. We didn't score a goal against them last year but it is ironic when we call a team defensive and playing for draws when we could barely muster a chance at goal in either game. People also forget we slapped them home and away the season before last, of course they will adapt to avoid that again. They certainly bend the rules, I see it as a compliment that they can't beat us on the pitch, man for man in a footy match. If we went down to ten men we would never defend to that level and not leave our own box. We are the better side, like most other teams they need to gain an edge elsewhere.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.