Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for that. I hadn't seen that particular clip before and it serves to reinforce the poor policing of the incident. It seems to be on the corner by the Arkles and the turn is off the dual carriage way into the short stretch up to the ground which would make an ideal ambush position with everything being quite narrow and compressed. The police should have had a plan B with a diversion of some sort.
The whole thing does not reflect well on the fans or the police but more so on the media who did little to condemn the animals.
They were stood on the top of the riot vans throwing bottles, bricks and fireworks at our coach as the police stood and watched. Not one Liverpool fan arrested, how can that be as it all filmed and clear as daylight.

Thanks for that. I hadn't seen that particular clip before and it serves to reinforce the poor policing of the incident. It seems to be on the corner by the Arkles and the turn is off the dual carriage way into the short stretch up to the ground which would make an ideal ambush position with everything being quite narrow and compressed. The police should have had a plan B with a diversion of some sort.
The whole thing does not reflect well on the fans or the police but more so on the media who did little to condemn the animals.
As far as I am aware we had already changed the planned route to get to the ground and the police released this information before the day.

Oh my word...
BBC coverage of the Women's England game versus Northern Ireland.

England win 6-0
1-0 White
2-0 White (assist Bronze)
3-0 Bronze (assist Jill Scott)
4-0 White
5-0 Non City player (assist Bronze)
6-0 Pen won by Kelly, scored by Man U player.

No mention of Man City during video highlights. Unbelievable, 4 goals, 3 assist and a pen award for City players

Only club mentioned after pen scored "Manchester United"

It is unbelievable.
I know I shouldn't be surprised but I didn't really appreciate that the hatred of us is universal, even in the Women's game when they represent their country...
8 of the 11 starters were City players (technically as we have loaned Scott out)

The media also said fuck all about the absolute joke of a tie we faced.

First leg

1. Liverpool first goal offside
2. Sterling penalty wrongly not given
3. Gabriel Jesus goal wrongly disallowed

Had the officiating been better in the first leg we could've been at 2-2, worst case 3-1 down with an away goal. Instead, we were 3-0 down.

Second leg

1. Leroy Sane goal wrongly disallowed
2. Sterling penalty wrongly not given

Had the officiating been better in the second leg, we could've been 3-3 or 3-2 down at half time.

Had the officiating been better across the first leg and first half of the second leg, we could've been 4-2 up with two away goals.

Instead at half time of the second leg, we were 3-1 down and our manager had been sent off. We had to go for bust and then there goal on the break killed the tie dead, with us needing to score 4 to win it, and having to go for it even more.

Non of this was mentioned by the media, not one article, not one comment.

this every time, I actually think this was one of the most bent games with a ref sent to do a job, at this point we were truely unbeatable.

It's noticeable how many blues are seeing these clips for the first time on here, an indication of how little coverage this appalling behaviour got at the time.
As far as I am aware we had already changed the planned route to get to the ground and the police released this information before the day.
Even so once they saw the massed dickheads they could have changed tactics, route and speed. They just seemed unable to react.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.