Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
They certainly are, but they cannot ignore the quality of football we play, the star-studded squad, and, currently, the best manager in club football, try as they may! The DT this morning has a half page of Bernardo racing away after one of his goals, but also manage to crow-bar in the same number of column inches on some Serbian tennis player, and make sufficient room for a couple of inches about some game at Brighton, and some Scouse tosser, probably seething at the quality of football on show in Lisbon last night, comes out with the fact that CoachWreckers&SystemHackersFC have won it and MCFC haven't so we don't have the edge. On the inside of the sports section pride of place to the game at Brighton, and nigh on as much space for TAA squawking his primary school playground jibe. The Redshite gobshite suffers from what I think afflicts a lot of footballers - 95% of their brains are in their boots, and their brain is nowhere near the size of their gobs.
Well, there's a fortuitous phone call. Just got a call on the landline from the DT wanting Mrs Ewing to extend her sub, and I told him that the webpage sports section was a disgrace! He said he would pass it on! He might well do, but nowt will change. These hacks want clicks, and more freebies from Anfield 'n the Swamp than Prince Andrew ever got off Epstein.

Here's the Telegraph's Sport page headlines this morning:

View attachment 36632

You've not done this full justice.

This is the full Telegraph sports page. I think we are joint 22nd, just below Williams F1 team possibly removing a logo from their new car, and conveniently just next to a headline misquoting Trent Alexander-Arnold to make his comments a dig at City.

5Vi2aY4.png

Last edited:
BBC Sport this morning on the game last night.

"But City were just too strong, some have suggested worryingly so for the competition's sake."

They might be worried.
It worries me not one jot.
I sleep the sleep of the just and the righteous.
(Bonzo, Moss Side, 1963

Do these pricks in the media think we have to dumb down like they have?
It's up to the others to sort themselves out which Shirley would be far better for the viewer?

Haha. I clicked on this thread and thought i'd test out the paranoia.

I won't click on the Mail or The Express but I clicked on the main football pages of The Times, The Guardian, The Mirror, The BBC and the Independant. City are the main or second story on every single one.

Let it go, for fuck's sake. This obsession really is not healthy. We are the best team in the world and are gunning for the treble. If you keep actively hunting you will always find something to support your confirmation bias somewhere.

I'm normally very anti-paranoia on these things, but I do think the Telegraph front page is a bit too blatant? Like you said, every other outlet has the result as one of their biggest stories and The Telegraph has us in 21st position, 3 pages down? Something's going on there.

Does anyone know how we went on last night (or if indeed we actually played? nowadays, my memory isn't what it used to be and I may have got my dates mixed up..)

I've been trawling through that 'Hyperion' of newsprint that is the 'Daily Mail' and its interweb-thingy site to find some information on my beloved City but I've got as far as 14 articles (8 on some team called 'Manchester United', 4 on another set of johnnies called 'PSG' and 2 further articles on other, already covered football subjects) and, frankly, had to give up trying, plum-tuckered-out as I'm an Old Git not used to such strenuous activity..

Perhaps one of you younger bucks on here might have the stamina to find out and let me know how The Citizens got on, as I say, if indeed we did play last night? Most kind!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.