Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going off tact a bit but still media nonetheless. Browsing some City you tube clips earlier and looked at the itn news report from our champs league final, the build up to it.
The dick of a reporter said we're serial failures in Europe and have spent a billion on some of the' worlds best players '. All horribly biased shite and yet again this ridiculous myth about us buying some of the worlds best players. Who have we signed who is one of the worlds best players? Kev is the only one you could say we've ever bought, and even when we signed him he wasn't considered one of the best in the world.
It's what we're up against isn't it?

I'm sat in a pub watching Sky, and the only games they are advertising this week are Norwich v Liverpool and United v West Ham....... in a nutshell, that is all you need to know about Sky.

Going off tact a bit but still media nonetheless. Browsing some City you tube clips earlier and looked at the itn news report from our champs league final, the build up to it.
The dick of a reporter said we're serial failures in Europe and have spent a billion on some of the' worlds best players '. All horribly biased shite and yet again this ridiculous myth about us buying some of the worlds best players. Who have we signed who is one of the worlds best players? Kev is the only one you could say we've ever bought, and even when we signed him he wasn't considered one of the best in the world.
It's what we're up against isn't it?

For a few years, I have avoided any of the build up to games, the half time discussions, post-match chat, news reports following the games etc.. I also do not watch Sky Sports News or listen to any sport related stuff on Five Live. All because I know what kind of guff they will come out with. I'd recommend it.

I'm sat in a pub watching Sky, and the only games they are advertising this week are Norwich v Liverpool and United v West Ham....... in a nutshell, that is all you need to know about Sky.
Could that be because Chelsea v City is on BT?

Are BT busily bigging up the Dipper and Rag matches?

Last edited:
They have but they have also recouped a lot of money too and have a transfer surplus this Summer from selling players like Abraham and Zouma. The club to go after is United. They have spent the same as us over a decade and have been a lot less successful.
Fwiw if Chelsea won the league this season and had a big summer window afterwards we can be sure that the reporting surrounding them would start to become more negative.

Similarly if we fell off the wagon as badly as Chelsea seem to consistently do, I doubt the negativity we get would be quite as extreme.

They are the next 2 games on Sky.

Fwiw if Chelsea won the league this season and had a big summer window afterwards we can be sure that the reporting surrounding them would start to become more negative.

Similarly if we fell off the wagon as badly as Chelsea seem to consistently do, I doubt the negativity we get would be quite as extreme.

I thought this too. I wondered why we were suddenly getting an easier ride than City from other fans. I've noticed more and more people separating Chelsea from City and PSG when just a few years ago all 3 were being lumped in together. The only answer I could come up with is we've had zero say in the title race for years and sometimes even finished outside the Champions League places, and before last season, we were a completely irrelevance in the Champions League, so maybe people don't feel we're as on the nose with our spending as PSG and City.

This is what they’ve dreamed of for years since we gate crashed the top 4 party. The return of Ronaldo and a fit Van Dyke has them back on the fold where they want them. We’re no longer headline news unless it’s a negative sorry.

I thought this too. I wondered why we were suddenly getting an easier ride than City from other fans. I've noticed more and more people separating Chelsea from City and PSG when just a few years ago all 3 were being lumped in together. The only answer I could come up with is we've had zero say in the title race for years and sometimes even finished outside the Champions League places, and before last season, we were a completely irrelevance in the Champions League, so maybe people don't feel we're as on the nose with our spending as PSG and City.
Yeah if you find yourselves in a title race with either Liverpool or United (or both) without City being involved then enjoy the press..

Abs
Negative stories about City generate a lot of online traffic from LFC, MUFC, plus other fans who hate us. A negative City story is better than a positive LFC story (which is ignored by the MUFC fans) There is an increasing trend for this sort of clickbait.
The concept of stories being chosen on news value or merit has died...which is another reason why so many of the traditional media firms are also dying. Clicks on stories don't have much value unless you can monetise them. It literally is a race to the bottom in terms of
Negative stories about City generate a lot of online traffic from LFC, MUFC, plus other fans who hate us. A negative City story is better than a positive LFC story (which is ignored by the MUFC fans) There is an increasing trend for this sort of clickbait.
The concept of stories being chosen on news value or merit has died...which is another reason why so many of the traditional media firms are also dying. Clicks on stories don't have much value unless you can monetise them. It literally is a race to the bottom in terms of quality.
This is absolutely the case and getting worse as we are now seeing the same sort of bollocks even on Terrestrial mainstream TV (eg the Pep “Fans” story on ITV local news) -some of the BBCs Sport output these days wouldn’t look out of place on MUTV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.