Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not been watching the BBC's 4 parter -Fever Pitch : The Rise of the Premier League for the obvious reason it would be all about the rags. Today's Sunday Times, has an interesting review of the said programme : On the evidence of the first three episodes you would have thought the story.... was almost solely about manchester united. Rod Liddle ( the author of the article ) helpfully adds : The series was made by David Beckham's production company and David himself appears frequently...... usually smirking at... some goal he has scored. So there we have it : The BBC/Rag Mafia -Stones/Roan etc...working hand-in-hand with Ashton's OT Ministry of Truth. Don't think I'll be watching episode 4 !!

I’d encourage everybody to have a good think about what they allow themselves to view, listen to and read. I remember getting bowel cancer and consequently having 4 months off on long term sick. I joined Twitter out of boredom. I did the full journey in that 4 month’s without realising it. Joining an echo chamber of same views as me and being part of the attack pack when someone strayed into your space with a different opinion. I felt myself changing as a person for the worse. Needless to say I deleted my account and came off the platform.

Another Bluemooner already posted how some of us fell into believing the media hype in pre season. Before kick off yesterday they’d have you believe there was no point in City turning up at Stamford Bridge. As I’m doing less working from home and more sales calls I found myself in the car listening to all the guff. I knew it was guff whilst hearing it but it still infects you, for want of a better expression.

If you constantly take in the social media, tv, written press churn we are in the middle of a global pandemic with global supply chain issues, waiting for economic meltdown in the face of Chinese plans for world domination. Meanwhile the noble and gallant, historic football teams who play in red try to cheer us up by breaking the stranglehold of an evil oil empire.

If you don’t, its Sunday after a very good win. Looking forward to Paris and Klanfield.

It’s not easy. The biggest lie you can tell yourself is that you are unaffected by it. Look after your mental health and turn it off.

Last edited:
I’d encourage everybody to have a good think about what they allow themselves to view, listen to and read. I remember getting bowel cancer and consequently having 4 months off on long term sick. I joined Twitter out of boredom. I did the full journey in that 4 month’s without realising it. Joining an echo chamber of same views as me and being part of the attack pack when someone strayed into your space with a different opinion. I felt myself changing as a person for the worse. Needless to say I deleted my account and came off the platform.

Another Bluemooner already posted how some of us fell into believing the media hype in pre season. Before kick off yesterday they’d have you believe there was no point in City turning up at Stamford Bridge. As I’m doing less working from home and more sales calls I found myself in the car listening to all the guff. I knew it was guff whilst hearing it but it still infects you, for want of a better expression.

If you constantly take in the social media, tv, written press churn we are in the middle of a global pandemic with global supply chain issues, waiting for economic meltdown in the face of Chinese plans for world domination. Meanwhile the noble and gallant, historic football teams who play in red try to cheer us up by breaking the stranglehold of an evil oil empire.

If you don’t, its Sunday after a very good win. Looking forward to Paris and Klanfield.

It’s not easy. The biggest lie you can tell yourself is that you are unaffected by it. Look after your mental health and turn it off.
That's exactly what I did about 2 years ago.

Thats why he was gobbin off too the City fans today before his interview.
He hates us with a passion, the cockney red prick
Compulsive liar. About the drugs test, many times to his deceased wife and probably his new one. Plus of course the lie that he was hit by a City coin whilst 'celebrating with the rag fans behind the goal' when in fact he was facing the blues on the Kippax deliberately to agitate them. Coins do not change direction 90 degrees in flight.
And like many of the other times the media happily condoned his lie.
l hate him with a passion too.

Compulsive liar. About the drugs test, many times to his deceased wife and probably his new one. Plus of course the lie that he was hit by a City coin whilst 'celebrating with the rag fans behind the goal' when in fact he was facing the blues on the Kippax deliberately to agitate them. Coins do not change direction 90 degrees in flight.
And like many of the other times the media happily condoned his lie.
l hate him with a passion too.
Agreed, he's a know nowt dopey red ****.

I have not been watching the BBC's 4 parter -Fever Pitch : The Rise of the Premier League for the obvious reason it would be all about the rags. Today's Sunday Times, has an interesting review of the said programme : On the evidence of the first three episodes you would have thought the story.... was almost solely about manchester united. Rod Liddle ( the author of the article ) helpfully adds : The series was made by David Beckham's production company and David himself appears frequently...... usually smirking at... some goal he has scored. So there we have it : The BBC/Rag Mafia -Stones/Roan etc...working hand-in-hand with Ashton's OT Ministry of Truth. Don't think I'll be watching episode 4 !!
We knew this of course but thank you for highlighting the thing.

My younger brother a blue is fighting stage 3 lung cancer so agree with everything you have said. Don’t do Twitter or facefuck in fact all I ever do is WhatsApp. All I will say it’s great being a blue whilst surrounded by dippers and rags and chavs and the best bit they all pile on me for some reason and bat them off dead easily with there juvenile bingo cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.