Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
So BT got back to me about my official complaint about the arsenal game .
Just a standard reply with my name at the top to make it feel personal.
All about how they have the upmost standards about presentation and impartiality, and the kicker at the end was "keep subscribing to the wonderful BT experience" currently waiting to speak to a BT call person !!!

Dont know where to start with Deloony’s “article”. Just one point though - he refers to the drawbridge being pulled up, without, apparently, any conception of the wider implications of such a statement. He bewails City’s success, but presumably would have had no problem about any club except utd. liverpool, arsenal and maybe chelsea having no chance win the premier league. In other words there is only a problem because City are successful.
Far better, he implies, to allow the least mediocre of the same 2 or three teams to battle it out every year.
Pep is why we are doing so well on the field, and has revolutionised the style of play.
In sport the bar is raised and the rest must strive to match the new standards. That’s what a competition should be Miguel, rather than an excuse to heap sycophantic praise on the usual suspects

So BT got back to me about my official complaint about the arsenal game .
Just a standard reply with my name at the top to make it feel personal.
All about how they have the upmost standards about presentation and impartiality, and the kicker at the end was "keep subscribing to the wonderful BT experience" currently waiting to speak to a BT call person !!!

wouldn't waste your time

Whilst Liverpools dominance might have been in a different financial climate, they still 'somehow' persuaded a very reluctant Shankley to leave Huddersfield and take a step down to Liverpool. They then 'somehow' managed to fund the removal of 20+ players and fund the 20+ that came in to replace them, including making St John the highest paid player in the country. Different times maybe, but still relative.
Not forgetting Liverpool were a failing 2nd division club at the time. Earlier in the same year Shankly arrived (1959) Liverpool were knocked out of the FA Cup by Worcester City. Yet as a 2nd division club they managed to pay the third highest fee in British football history for Ian St John. Dippers go into denial mode when all this is brought up and their go to deflection is that the Moores family poured money into Everton not Liverpool. Bizarre.

Thanks mate. That's really nice and hugely appreciated.

His exact words were "You think it's bad now. It's going to get a lot, lot worse and you need to make sure you're on the right side"

Thanks. That wording is very revealing, isn't it?!

Not something along the lines of, "Things will come out that won't pint the club in a good light and you'll lose credibility if you're seen to be defending it." That might be contentious - for example, the FFP 'revelations' in Der Spiegel were dishonestly presented and subsequent discussions were risibly overblown. But at least such an approach would imply that sports journalists generally regarded their overriding objective as being to report the truth.

Your interlocutor may well be a decent guy whose primary interest was to look out for you. But he quite clearly implies widespread hostility among those in his profession, taking the form of a concerted attack on us. We basically knew this already, of course, but it's interesting to have confirmation that it can be spoken of like that in private, too. In contrast, publicly and especially on social media, people like Delaney usually just try to gaslight us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.