Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is only one decent journalist out there and that is Mr Samuels.

Tells it how it is, no bias, no agenda, no racial undertones like deloony and nostrils Harris, no snidey digs like ladyman and herbert, no letting the team they follow influence them like lieu, ogden or stone.

The sports journalists in this country are an embarrassment, bitter and twisted pieces they post ,we in week out without any groundwork or research, just personal grudges given a platform by social media to spew their bile about us.

Fuck the lot of them.
Jack Gaughan gives us fair write ups .

Couldn’t be arsed posting a screen grab this morning.

It’s tiresome and predictable. And tbh I’ve finally f*cked it off.(Oakie will be relieved and happy :-) )

It’s never going to change, so why bother? Why highlight it? Just accept it, ignore it, and concentrate on what’s happening on the pitch, and off it via the OS.

Back to this morning. The Daily Mail. Even though United played at 3pm on Saturday, and the Daily Mail had already covered the result and match afterwards, before City played at 5.30pm, the Daily Mail still decided to run with 5 United articles above 3 City articles on their main football page on Sunday morning.

So the City articles had either been dropped further down the page, or more likely, the United articles had been moved up the page (again )for Sunday Morning reading.
Let it go, we know it happens and why, and frankly who really gives a shit if we’re headline or the 20th article.
Don’t worry when Mendy gets sentenced we’ll be headline news for a bit

As you have worked around football media do journalists such as this write such crap about City because it's their own views or is it pushed by an editor for clickbait?

Usually partisan lines, long drawn since by the narrative that United and Liverpool are sacred cows.

Years of conditioning, even if they aren't direct fans of those clubs.

Online negativity is much more constructed for clicks.

Couldn’t be arsed posting a screen grab this morning.

It’s tiresome and predictable. And tbh I’ve finally f*cked it off.(Oakie will be relieved and happy :-) )

It’s never going to change, so why bother? Why highlight it? Just accept it, ignore it, and concentrate on what’s happening on the pitch, and off it via the OS.

Back to this morning. The Daily Mail. Even though United played at 3pm on Saturday, and the Daily Mail had already covered the result and match afterwards, before City played at 5.30pm, the Daily Mail still decided to run with 5 United articles above 3 City articles on their main football page on Sunday morning.

So the City articles had either been dropped further down the page, or more likely, the United articles had been moved up the page (again )for Sunday Morning reading.

if City had more articles you’d complain it was because we dropped points. They’d never have won this battle

BBC Breakfast shows a clip of von Trapp giving a beer to a fan after the match yesterday. Cue gushing remarks from two drippy looking male presenters plus Silly Sally. 'What a generous man', what a good egg he is', ' what a wonderful relationship he has with the fans'. The same sort of shite gets repeated in the papers.
A multi millionaire gives away couple of bottles of beer which he gets off the coach and probably paid for by the club not him and so he is wonderful. Bill Gates can't compete with that sort of philanthropy and St Markus von Raschfurt needs to up his game, Mr Ashton.
I come back from the three sh's later and there it is again. Liverpool have City in their sights and more footage of the beer and remarks how wonderful and kind he is.
Ffs l need the toilet again.

I didn't watch MOTD because I'd already watched all the games and every single game this weekend went against us but I've seen the headlines this morning and I see that Shearer and Lineker have criticised the decision. Good. I was flabbergasted that the VAR and then the on field ref could watch the video footage and then consider that that was a oen. Jota should have been booked for simulation. He knew exactly what he was doing. That experienced referees can not see this is worrying, or more worrying, they can see it and yet feel a compulsion to give the decision in Liverpool's way.

This should be the death knell for VAR. I find it a little surprising that the media isn't all over VAR by now. There were some quite ridiculous decisions at the weekend and leaving aside our City and Liverpool bias, why is it still operational?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.