Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
The number of gullible cult loons who actually believed that fake Micah quote is hilarious, trying to grass him to Sky, the FA and everyone.
What is more depressing is the likes of the Daily Star also falling for it, running a story based on it for Dipper clicks without even the most cursory of fact checking, then being forced to remove it belatedly when Micah called it out as bullshit.
The English football media in 2022, in a nutshell

Am sick of hearing this shit about Klopp the best manager in the world ever, even if they don't win the Champions League ? But win the domestic treble it will never be repeated

didn't Manchester city and pep do the domestic treble ??
'Treble without applause' - casually airbrushed from history.

Am sick of hearing this shit about Klopp the best manager in the world ever, even if they don't win the Champions League ? But win the domestic treble it will never be repeated

We did, but we don't count apparently.

Delving deeper into the media rhetoric we see that both Chelsea and ourselves have won more than Klopp in the so called "Klopp era" now this isn't saying he hasn't done well he has, but to put him above other managers who have achieved more is a nonsense.

Pep has 10 domestic trophies

Klopp has 3 domestic trophies

I'd call that a considerable margin and a margin of some note, the plucky underdogs are trying to manufacture a myth built on sand.

Of course not, where the fuck did you get that bullshit from ?

If we had done so the media praise would have been long and loud, off the scales even.

He's just a bauld fraud

The BBC is institutionally biased against City. The internal culture at BBC Online is so embedded they just can't see it. The whole organisation is totally politicised and they can't cover football in a straight impartial way. The story selection, the social media feeds, people like Dan Roan literally never tweets out a positive City story, the snide defamatory comments on stories which are left out there. The constant mocking of City and lack of respect which they claim is just banter. It really isn't banter it's trolling which is very different.
They keep saying City fans are paranoid and deluded but what's happening is obvious to match-going fans from other clubs. The BBC's complaint process has essentially collapsed (I have been told this by someone senior who works there). They dismiss complains out of hand. There is an arrogance from Desk Editors about their content which doesn't happen on the same scale anywhere else. The culture is they believe they never make mistakes and when they are caught out the culture is to cover it up. The online team knows that Ofcom are taking years to proc complains complaints because they are overwhelmed with complaints about BBC online. No one is held to account.bout
Yet they found air time to discuss a complaint about Clive Myrie laughing and joking on HIGNFY within days of reporting on Ukraine. If anything should have gone into File 13 it was that.
They always seem to reject complaints out of hand which prevented me from complaining about redshirt bias well before Pep spoke out. If they don't listen to Pep they ain't going to listen to lil ol' me.

BBC Breakfast giving saturation coverage to the Glasgow Dippers who have arrived early for get Scottish-pissed before their European final. Lots of praise for the fans travelling without tickets and almost even crediting them for the sunny weather.
No mention of them trashing the City centre a few years back. Just a bit of hero worship for the Scottish Dippers from bbc staff there in large numbers for a jolly themselves.
Hot weather, loads of beer and huge amounts of fans without tickets is not a good recipe.
I was in town all day and well after it kicked off that day and it's hands down the maddest behaviour I have ever seen from any football fans, if not any group of people. I remember driving down Oldham Road in the morning seeing already pissed Rangers fans queuing for a massage parlour down the scorching hot street and knowing it was going to get tasty. Market Street at lunchtime I saw a huge, wasted guy come out of Tesco with a microwave chicken curry, rip the plastic off and start eating it uncooked with his bare hands - that was a new one. When it turned into utter mayhem later after the screen failed it was no surprise. Late I remember seeing a car upside down - think it was Lever Street, and it might actually have been a news truck. And then all the missiles and TAU going absolutely bananas. I did get offered a swig from someone's Buckfast in Piccadilly Gardens though. And a girl shouted 'Gi us a swadge a yer bobby' at my mate. Apart from that it was terrifying, but it happened in Manchester, so not surprised the 'national' media has forgotten it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.