Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was in town all day and well after it kicked off that day and it's hands down the maddest behaviour I have ever seen from any football fans, if not any group of people. I remember driving down Oldham Road in the morning seeing already pissed Rangers fans queuing for a massage parlour down the scorching hot street and knowing it was going to get tasty. Market Street at lunchtime I saw a huge, wasted guy come out of Tesco with a microwave chicken curry, rip the plastic off and start eating it uncooked with his bare hands - that was a new one. When it turned into utter mayhem later after the screen failed it was no surprise. Late I remember seeing a car upside down - think it was Lever Street, and it might actually have been a news truck. And then all the missiles and TAU going absolutely bananas. I did get offered a swig from someone's Buckfast in Piccadilly Gardens though. And a girl shouted 'Gi us a swadge a yer bobby' at my mate. Apart from that it was terrifying, but it happened in Manchester, so not surprised the 'national' media has forgotten it!
Gi us a swadge a yer bobby?

Radio 2 sports news this morning, "Liverpool won at Southampton to take title decider to the last day for the first time in 8 years". Know I'm getting old and time goes more quickly but could have sworn Brighton was only 3 years ago.
The Mail came out with similar bollocks last week. They claimed it was the closest title race "for years".

The fucking state of so called sports jouranlism these days.

I was in town all day and well after it kicked off that day and it's hands down the maddest behaviour I have ever seen from any football fans, if not any group of people. I remember driving down Oldham Road in the morning seeing already pissed Rangers fans queuing for a massage parlour down the scorching hot street and knowing it was going to get tasty. Market Street at lunchtime I saw a huge, wasted guy come out of Tesco with a microwave chicken curry, rip the plastic off and start eating it uncooked with his bare hands - that was a new one. When it turned into utter mayhem later after the screen failed it was no surprise. Late I remember seeing a car upside down - think it was Lever Street, and it might actually have been a news truck. And then all the missiles and TAU going absolutely bananas. I did get offered a swig from someone's Buckfast in Piccadilly Gardens though. And a girl shouted 'Gi us a swadge a yer bobby' at my mate. Apart from that it was terrifying, but it happened in Manchester, so not surprised the 'national' media has forgotten it!
Working in the middle of Blackpool at the time where thousands had come to stay before the match. The young ones were boisterous but OK. Spoke to a lot of them that were more my age, hearing I was a City fan they treated me as a kindred spirit and expressed a strong dislike of the rags. Was treated to lots of Masonic handshakes,wasted on me I'm afraid. All in all good crowd, the young farmers clubs are far more obnoxious. Probably helped by the fact Bpool is Glasgow on sea and lots of Rangers fans live there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.