Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great post. You can't help but feel that the media and broadcasting rights are coming to a crossroads. The international market is burgeoning and yet Sky are cutting costs in many ways to try to keep pace. They are going in the wrong direction. Their sports offering has badly declined in the last five years. With illegal streaming rife, the £100-per-month satellite package feels like it's on borrowed time. It feels like, after three decades, the time for change is coming. With that change should come new ideas, new pundits and a new perspective. I, for one, would relish the end of Sky's hegemony. The offering of BT games is merely managed opposition, as far as Sky are concerned.
Agree with that. And BT Sport is just awful, though not as nasty towards City as it has been in the past. Seems to be treading water as a channel, it’s content is getting narrower & I can’t see it surviving beyond the next round of bidding for TV rights. Good fucking riddance. We’re not going away and the media dinosaurs had better get used to the fact.

This is the crux of the matter.

The broadcasting media in this country cannot move beyond the bad old days when success was synonymous with those dressed in red.

Their reluctance to let go of the past is going to be their downfall.

The Broadcasting rights in this country are going to hit new financial highs over the next few years.

The organisation that wins the race to broadcast the premier league, will have to leave sentiment and nostalgia behind them if they want to remain relevant.
Sky have already been left behind. City are the fastest growing fan base in the USA and Sky have missed the boat.

To be fair to Migs, pretty well every post of his could be described as "not one of his finest moments".
Cant link but Miguelito has filed a melange of his famous and repetitive City themes in the KGB Telegraph this evening with the new development of where does Haaland stand on Abu Dhabi
It's not literary ability or intellect that keeps him in work so it must be us.

Had the misfortune of listening to the Liverpool/ arsenal game on 5 live in the car. My god, it was actually unbelievable how badly they wanted the dippers to win, it was pathetic. At one point when Arsenal were winning 2-1, Dion Dublin genuinely said something along the lines of 'its pretty much even now because of the anfield crowd' .
Vomit inducing.
Sometimes my Mrs tells me the media bias is all in my head too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.