Message from a Sunderland fan

One of my
favourite games at Maine Road was City V Sunderland in 1973 in the cup The atmosphere was incredible that day. Didn’t enjoy the replay as much though.

Watching City the other night is like watching a different sport to my lot at Sunderland. I hope the long term Maine Road lot are lapping it up.
Thanks for the great compliments.

I’ve been supporting City since 1970, and I’m loving every minute of it.

I’ve had a soft spot for Sunderland since that wonderful day in May '73, when you beat dirty Leeds in the Cup final, even though you beat us on your way there.

Best of luck for the rest of the season and going forward. Hopefully, the new régime will bring in the right people to run the club properly and everything else will fall into place.

I hope you win promotion, though I see you have to win your last game to ensure that you even make the playoffs.

I’ve had a soft spot for Sunderland since that wonderful day in May '73, when you beat dirty Leeds in the Cup final, even though you beat us on your way there.

Best of luck for the rest of the season and going forward. Hopefully, the new régime will bring in the right people to run the club properly and everything else will fall into place.

I hope you win promotion, though I see you have to win your last game to ensure that you even make the playoffs.
No mate, we are in the play offs, can only finish as low as 5th I think

We’ve secured a play off spot already, not holding my breath whether we can finish the job and get promoted, a lot of injuries and it’s Sunderland after all ha

Watching City the other night is like watching a different sport to my lot at Sunderland. I hope the long term Maine Road lot are lapping it up.
Oh we are loving it, and some.

Sunderland is a great club with magnificent fans. I always look out for your results and will you to win except against us of course. I will never forget the 15, 000 that came to Maine Rd on the last day of 90-91 and the sportsmanship at Wembley in 2014. Very best wishes for this season. Like many Blues, I hope you get promoted and again. Best wishes.

Great to enjoy the good times been a fan for over 50 years so seen more bad than good, but i love it. The ESL move left a sour taste in the mouth but our owners have doen far more good than bad and they have overall been superb for us. As have our players, Managers and backroom staff. Loving every minute. Sad to see the bad times at Sunderland and i hope success is just round the corner for you. Only been to Sunderland once , in the 70's when you were battling with Bolton for top honours in division 2. A great trip on Easter Monday. Went in the Roker Victory club with 6 mates and got blathered before the game. Great fans no problems.

used to go to MR with Dad n Grandad, and they called Sunderland the bank of england club, i remember Len Shackleton taking a throw-in against his team-mates back and then dribbling off down the wing, a few years later watching a mad centre half called Charlie Hurley, years after( i think) that the Bob Stokoe dash after the victory at Wembley, then fans at wembley showing true class after we won. good post, appreciated....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.