Message from a Sunderland fan

Love Sunderland was on there books as a kid , was at the 3 3 ? against Gillingham In the playoffs think a goal from Keith Birkenshaw knocked you out , was gutted

I’ve always liked Sunderland more than Newcastle. I hope you get promoted soon.

“It’s finished at Sunderland...” is a phrase I will never forget, seeing you lot doing the Poznan will always make Sunderland one of my favourite non-city clubs.
I dont think we take ourselves as seriously as the mags do.
Looking from the outside Nufc have militant fan leaders, bit like Man utd, and their fanzines are very bitter.
We just like a laugh and a lite ale.

Just had a barcode reveal his true colours saying the rags did it by themselves. Funny what a drink does to people. Never get that off Sunderland so far.

Looking from the outside Nufc have militant fan leaders, bit like Man utd, and their fanzines are very bitter.
I definitely could never see Newcastle doing a “Sunderland ’Til I Die” warts n’all documentary.

It's a fact that would astonish most neutrals, I suspect, that Sunderland have been champions more recently than Newcastle United. (It was rather a long time ago, in both cases — as you'd know).

Just had a barcode reveal his true colours saying the rags did it by themselves. Funny what a drink does to people. Never get that off Sunderland so far.

United did it courtesy of the Edwards dynasty and pork butcher money. Plain and simple. There is no club that rises to the heights without a serious injection of cash, and that has always been true since WW2. (May have been true even before, but my knowledge of pre-1939 football history is pretty patchy).
I have yet to have anyone explain to me why that kind of money is clean and honourable, and oil money isn't, by the way. It's all the more ironic in that virtually everyone (except for myself) runs a car, and considers it a necessity. I'm almost certain that a considerable part of the hostility towards City is fuelled by a racism that dares not speak its name. If your owners are white, and American, that's ok. Even if your owner is white, and Russian, that's just about ok. But the Middle East? Dirty arabs, don't you know?

Last edited:
By the way, just as a coda, and then I'll refrain, because it's off topic, this from the Wikipedia entry, FWIW, about Martin Edwards:

Affairs[edit]

He has been subject to several newspaper allegations about his private life, alleging several affairs. It was also alleged that he used prostitutes while on club business, in Britain, Brazil and most recently in Switzerland.[11]

Toilet peeping incident[edit]

Edwards received a police caution following an incident at the Mottram Hall Hotel, near Macclesfield, Cheshire on 17 August 2002. A woman in her 40s alleged that he had entered the ladies toilets and spied under one of the cubicles at her.[12]

He resigned from the Manchester United board soon after news of the caution broke, and stepped down as chairman seven months later. After the incident, further witnesses came forward stating that they, too, had been victims of similar behaviour in toilets at Old Trafford.[13]

Careless driving[edit]

In July 2005, Edwards was convicted of careless driving, having been involved in a head-on collision near Conwy, North Wales that April. He had just left the A55 near Conwy golf club, and took a right-hand bend on the wrong side of the road. In a letter to the court, Edwards explained how he had assumed he was on a one-way road after leaving the expressway. The driver of the other car, a Vauxhall Corsa, was badly hurt in the crash, after his car had collided with Edwards' Mercedes-Benz. Edwards was fined £500 plus £45 in prosecution costs, as well as receiving five points on his driving licence.[14]

Classy stuff, eh? You can just see the Sheik or Khaldoon getting up to such shenanigans.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.